LIW Chat - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-04-2008, 07:21 PM
LIW Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezy143
Wow Carla!

You are having two surgeries quite close together. You will be a pro at recovery by the end of it all! LOL
I had gyne surgery May 2007 and then uro surgery December 2007 and now all this other gear April 2008. Not to mention I have had two other hosptial stays last year. My work is starting to wonder if I really do work there or not ... LOL Thank goodness they are so supportive!

Hugs,
Tracy
Sounds like you have had your fair share of surgeries also!!!
My hubby is doing the same thing.. home the first week then my mom and dad will come by durring the days on the second week. I am hope ing that by the third week everything will be on its way tobeing better and having some time alson will be nice!!!
I got a couple of emails from scare d cat today, she is hanging in there!!! Any word from Shellbear yet???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2008, 07:31 PM
LIW Chat

Hi Carla,

I also got a couple of emails from scare d cat who I have renamed "Brave Soldier" ... LOL

I haven't heard from Shellbear but have been thinking about her so much. I pop on everyday to check if she is back online. I am also missing Jeweele Boo. Hopefully this weekend but it is still early days. If I hear from any of them I will let you know.

I just came down to the kitchen because I feel like something really yummy! Instead I stopped in the den and got hooked into board again. Hopefully I will lose a couple of pounds before my surgery but I will then have an addiction to Hystersisters to contend with!!! LOL

Chat soon!

Hugs,
Tracy
Unread 04-04-2008, 07:43 PM
LIW Chat

Quote:
Hi Carla,

I also got a couple of emails from scare d cat who I have renamed "Brave Soldier" ... LOL

I haven't heard from Shellbear but have been thinking about her so much. I pop on everyday to check if she is back online. I am also missing Jeweele Boo. Hopefully this weekend but it is still early days. If I hear from any of them I will let you know.

I just came down to the kitchen because I feel like something really yummy! Instead I stopped in the den and got hooked into board again. Hopefully I will lose a couple of pounds before my surgery but I will then have an addiction to Hystersisters to contend with!!! LOL

Chat soon!

Hugs,
Tracy
Actually a yummy treat sounds good right now. I am feeling a bit stressed today. I am hoping that this next week goes fast, I don't think it will, it will prob just drag. One week from monday seems so far.
I am hopeing to hear from Shellbear this weekend, she should be heading home.
talk to you later... try to have a restful night... (if not I'll meet you right here!!!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2008, 09:50 PM
LIW Chat

Well, I had my last preop today so I'm down to the 3-2-1 countdown!!!!! 3days to go. I'm feeling pretty positive and hope to stay that way.
Doc says my uterus is the size of 18-20week, and that I can't appreciate how good I'll feel once this is over. I am praying that he's right and that everything goes well.
I'm off to bed now before I start my marathon weekend before going to the castle. Cleaning, ironing, maybe even painting !!!! I get to start the day tomorrow by going to get more bloodwork done.
3 more days!!!! YIKES and Yahoo!!
Unread 04-04-2008, 09:52 PM
LIW Chat

HI LADIES back from the castle, I will post about my recovery and such in the post op section, but wanted to let you all know I am home now, and wish you all much love and luck
Unread 04-04-2008, 11:36 PM
welcome back shellbear!

i have been reading and not posting. just getting strength from reading the posts . i am very nervous about thursday (6 days away) and just want to get this over with. First surgery and i am very apprehensive about the whole process...but not the outcome. Old girl came this morning but it will be the last time i have a visit from her. She is really kicking my tail today! cramping all day and nothing i take removes the pain. I am nervous but very ready.
Unread 04-05-2008, 01:25 PM
She's BAAAACCKK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellbear
HI LADIES back from the castle

SHELLBEAR!!

We MISSED you!!! and we're SO glad you're back!!

I'll have to scoot over to post, to see how you're doing...but WELCOME BACK!

Laurie
Unread 04-05-2008, 01:30 PM
LIW Chat

Hey April Sisters and Dancing Fool who thinks April has 32 days ... LOL,

Maybe I am alone on this but I find the more I read the more freaked out I get. I guess ignorance is bliss sometimes. I often say Knowledge is Power but reading all this isn't making me feel to powerful.

Your thoughts!

Hugs and thanks for always being there!
Tracy
Unread 04-05-2008, 01:34 PM
LIW Chat

Omg ladies...
It's been a few days for me. I, like the post before me, got all worked up on too much info, but I'm okay now. I think I'll stick with the friendly posts,for now =)
I see all kinds of new princesses!!!
I'm getting so scared. 4 more days.
I have been so emotional, anxious, and scared.
How are the rest of you. I see now I have another sister going the same day...

Have a great weekend ladies, talk to you soon.
Unread 04-05-2008, 01:42 PM
LIW Chat

Quote:
Maybe I am alone on this but I find the more I read the more freaked out I get.

Freezy.... You KNOW you're not alone.

But to your point, some days I CRAVE and get benefit from hystersisters; some days, I have tears running down my cheeks the entire time, but can't quit til I finish reading; some days, I have to go away...I can't stand what I'm reading here, I just want to .....grrrrrrr.... I don't know...but I have to shut the computer off. and then, of course, there are the days when I go through all 3 phases, in an amazingly short period of time!
So don't get freaked out. and if you do, take some deep breaths and go away for a bit....but then make sure you come back when you're ready. and we promise to not be offended when you leave, and we promise to be delighted when you return.

and I know that the powers that be don't like the little countdown clubs...and I understand the notion that everyone is in countdown mode once they get their date, but I cannot connect with 200+ women in the same way that I feel connected to the more manageable-sized group of my fellow April sisters. This list would not be nearly as meaningful/helpful/valuable to me, if Shelley had not started the April thread.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register