LIW Chat - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-05-2008, 01:48 PM
LIW Chat

This list would not be nearly as meaningful/helpful/valuable to me, if Shelley had not started the April thread.[/quote]

I totally hear what you are saying about this April thread. I so agree. Perhaps we were meant to get away with the April one because we needed to be close. We are just fortunate you turned May 2 into April 32 because without you this group wouldn't be the same.

Thanks so much!
Big Hugs for Dancing Fool!
Tracy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2008, 01:49 PM
LIW Chat

Dancing Fool,

Oh wise woman how do you quote only a portion of the entire post like you did with the one about me being freaked out?

I have never posted on another board so I am learning as I go.

Thank again!
T
Unread 04-05-2008, 01:51 PM
LIW Chat

Ah, ha ... do I wrap quote tags around only the section I want to quote and it put it in the little bubble with the word Quote in purple at the top?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2008, 02:20 PM
LIW Chat

April 18th. I have my pre-op on Monday
Unread 04-05-2008, 02:56 PM
portion of quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezy143
Dancing Fool,

how do you quote only a portion of the entire post

hmm...not quite sure what you mean, but the way I do it is... at the bottom of the post that has the quote I want to include, I click on Quote...and in my reply window, I see the word quote, the name of the sister I'm quoting, their entire message, and then the words quote, again. I then carefully move my cursor to the words I don't need, highlight them, and delete them.

oh WAIT...now I see what you mean by the quote bubble...just noticed it (for those who haven't seen it, it's in the cluster of things at the top of the reply box, along with font, color, bold/italic/underline, etc)

so I guess you can do it either way. kind of like when the doc can do either a lavh or a tah, and has to decide which is best/easiest!!! lol

(note: I'm on a couple of boards with other attorneys...it's considered appropriate to quote the specific issue you're responding to, but bad etiquette to quote the whole message...so I'm used to doing this, all the time)
Unread 04-05-2008, 02:58 PM
LIW Chat

rhondag -
welcome to this thread. I too, have my pre-op on Monday, and am busy racking my brain trying to come up with any last minute questions. Make sure you share any good tidbits you come up with!! (and of course we should share them on the full pre-op board, not this thread)
Unread 04-05-2008, 03:04 PM
LIW Chat

Hey ladies!!!

I am Tracy in Ontario and I'm scheduled for TAH on April 24th. 19 days and counting!!!
I go for my pre op at the hospital on Monday morning.
Unread 04-05-2008, 03:05 PM
LIW Chat

Carla,
yes we're on the same day,
best wishes that all goes well, and your recovery is great
Valorie
Unread 04-05-2008, 03:06 PM
LIW Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellbear
HI LADIES back from the castle, I will post about my recovery and such in the post op section, but wanted to let you all know I am home now, and wish you all much love and luck
Welcome home!!!!
I will have to go and read how everything was... Happy that you are home and well !!!! We missed you!!!
Unread 04-05-2008, 03:08 PM
LIW Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancingfool
rhondag -
welcome to this thread. I too, have my pre-op on Monday, and am busy racking my brain trying to come up with any last minute questions. Make sure you share any good tidbits you come up with!! (and of course we should share them on the full pre-op board, not this thread)
My peo-op is monday also. I printed the list of questions that this site offered for your pro-op!!! I thought they had some good ones so I printed all of them.!!! Good luck on monday!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register