Hysterectomy dates Apr 07-Apr 14,2008 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 07-Apr 14,2008 Hysterectomy dates Apr 07-Apr 14,2008

Unread 04-07-2008, 12:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Apr 07-Apr 14,2008

If your hysterectomy was between Apr 07-Apr 14,2008 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns!

We hope you are recovering with plenty of rest and a bit of walking.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

Don't forget to pamper the princess, drink plenty of water and walk a bit!

How to use the Progress Report threads:
  • 1. This thread is for the purpose of your hysterectomy recovery progress report.
  • 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress.
  • 3. Remember to start a new thread to ask your questions.
  • 4. The Progress Report threads will be moved at approximately 8 weeks post-op to the Date Club forum inside the HysterSisters clubhouse.
  • 5. Remember all the love & support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in Pre-Op Forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of Women Helping Women!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2008, 09:06 PM
feeling human again

I know the drugs have a lot to do with it, but I'm feeling pretty good right now. Everything came out well. Had a TAH with both ovaries out yesterday morning. Had general anesthesia and was pretty nauseated yesterday, so as soon as I could last night I stopped using the pump, which was making me feel even more queazy, even with anti-nausea drugs. Today I've been alert and walked twice, once more to go before sleep. I can't say the waiting was the worst part yet, but I didn't really expect to be sitting here posting this and watching American Idol already. Just wish I had found the Hyster Sisters in time to order the Swelly Belly thingy for my drive home. Hope everyone else is doing well and getting the great pampering that I've been getting.
Sheila, aka NikkisFriend
Unread 04-10-2008, 08:25 AM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 07-Apr 14,2008

Just got home.. the drive was not as bad as I thought it would be but painful .

Off to bed I will update more when I feel better
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2008, 12:13 PM
Doing well

I had a LAVH on Tuesday, came home yesterday. Doing well, able to walk, which helps the gas pain. I was suprised by how good I felt after the surgery. I'm tired now and sleep 2 hrs and then up walking around. LAVH is the way to go!! Hope all my sisters are doing good. It's pretty good being on the other side.
Unread 04-10-2008, 01:47 PM

I had a TAH on Monday. Doctor took out the uterus, cervix, and fallopian tubes. Left the ovaries. Today is day 2 out of the hospital and I'm feeling sore as usual, a little nausea, and more drainage from the incision than I expected. I go on Monday to have my staples removed.
Unread 04-10-2008, 02:58 PM

I also had a TAH on Monday morning. I was released from the hospital Wednesday morning. Had staples taken out at the hospital before I left. Feel incredibly good. Am resting, reading and thank goodness have my laptop up here with me in bed!! Using Ibuprofen for pain and only have used Vicodin once, just to sleep through the night. Hope the rest of the recovery goes this well. I had been diagnosed with early stage Endometrial Cancer. Dr. says it was so early they got it all (still waiting for path report). Had Uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and cervix removed. Hope all of us gets lots of rest and best of luck to all!!
Unread 04-11-2008, 08:02 AM

I had LSH (kept ovaries and cervix) on April 8 (Tues) and was released on Wed. Morphine pump in hospital made me nauseous and gave me headaches - I was sleeping most of the time. The ride home was much worse than anticipated, apparently there is a need for pot hole patrol between my house and hospital.

I am on ibuprofen and vicoden when needed. So far resting pretty comfortablly, and DH has really stepped up. When I forst got home and relaxed I got up and unpacked and started a load of laundry...big mistake...I was sore and exhausted soon after.

I have been sleeping and reading alot. many forend bringing food...possibly too much.

I almost feel guilty because i am not in huge amount of pain, just tired and sometimes uncomfortable. It will be difficult for me to do this recovering for two to four weeks.

Hope everyone else is recovering well.
Lisa
Unread 04-11-2008, 08:51 AM

I had a TAH on Tuesday April 8th. I was able to keep my ovaries!!!
I came home on Thursday. The drive was not too bad, I used my pillow.

I am having more pain and swelling since I've come home but I guess that is to be expected. I was very nauseated in the hospital but they kept working with me until we found something to work for the nuasea.

They have me on a transderm scope patch behind my ear for the nausea. I am also taking cipro and motrin. If the pain gets tobad a take a phenergan then a 5mg oxycontin.

It seems to be working but my vision is a lttle blurry, which might be the patch.

I'm getting around better than I thought but I better go lie down for awhile.

Hope everyone has a speedy recovery!!!!!!
Unread 04-11-2008, 10:34 AM

Had TAH on Tuesday @ noon, came home Thursday around 3pm. Hospital stay was hard, they had trouble getting my pain under control after surgery and there was some stress on my heart, I've never had any heart problems but my blood pressure was really high and I had two EKG's that were abnormal, they are going to follow up with a cardiologist after recovery from hysterectomy. I'm sore and really tired, but I'm glad it's over and I can start healing. God Bless all of you sisters out there, have a safe and speedy recovery.
Unread 04-11-2008, 10:52 AM
Home from the castle!!!!

Everything went perfect. I had the usual nausea after getting out of surgery, but after that I bounced back like you wouldnt believe. I was walking laps in the halls the next day, and that evening started on solid foods. The doctor came back in this morning, called me an exceptional patient, and released me.

Other than the nurse hitting it for me when I got to my room, I didnt even use the morphine pump. Boooyah!

Good to be home!!!!!

Hope everyone else is doing okay!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register