bleeding...I'm scared...(updated) - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

bleeding...I'm scared...(updated) bleeding...I'm scared...(updated)

Unread 04-08-2008, 05:46 AM
bleeding...I'm scared...(updated)

Hi,

thank you so much for your posts and concern You are all WONDERFUL!!!

to make a long story short, I called my doctor last night and explained everything I was feelling....he said that it was probable stress related with a bit of dehydration....to take my blood pressure, rested and drink lots of liquids, my BP was high, I drank lots of liquids, and my dizzines went away THANK GOD!!!! I was so worried he was going to tell me to go to the ER!!

this morning I feel much better, rested good last night, no more lightheaded nor dizzy, the bleeding is still there, but the same, not more, but not less....I will keep an eye on that. if anything he said to go in to his office this morning and he'll check me out.

thank you for your kind words of wisdom.....this site is awasome for me and for so many others.!!!

blessings,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2008, 06:54 AM

Hi 4hisglory
I'm glad the dizzyness is better. I just want to add that some light bleeding on and off during recovery is generally considered normal. Most women have some light bleeding when the stitches start to dissolve. I had some light bleeding start during the second week. As your body heals there is often discharge of some kind.

It can be confusing because it can also be a sign of doing too much. It's always best to be cautious, but I wanted to reassure you a little bit. I'm glad your dr is being attentive. Keep us posted on how you do.
's, Rita
Unread 04-09-2008, 04:57 PM

Hi,

just a little update: the dizziness went away completely the first night, I dont know what that was all about

my bleeding is a little on the lighter side, but still there. Iam resting some still, and I think that really helped. I see my doctor on friday.

thanks,
blessings,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2008, 05:37 PM

I'm so glad that you are feeling better and that you did talk to your Dr. I was quite concerned about you. I hope you continue to have a good recovery. Keep us posted after your Dr. visit on Friday.

Wishing you the best!
Unread 04-20-2008, 11:57 AM

I am 2 weeks out from subtotal hystercetomy and started bleeding last week. My Doctor says it is normal to have some bleeding because there is heaing still going on. I was surprised by the bleeding because everyone that I talked to beforehand never mentioned it happening. I even asked a couple of people if they did but they said no. I think every person's body heals differently. Remember, we did go through a major surgery, even if it was laproscopically. Definitley ask your doctor though.
Unread 04-20-2008, 03:14 PM
bleeding after hysterectomy

After a visit with my Dr. he wanted me to stay out of work (after I'd been back 2 weeks) for another 2 weeks. I was already out for 6 weeks and felt if I didn't heal then what is 2 more weeks going to do. He said I was not healing and used silver nitrate because the blood was not clotting. I have a visit with him in another 2 mos at which time he will do a pap test if I am healed. Can it get any worse?
Unread 04-20-2008, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4hisglory
Hi,
I am 19th days post and last night when went to pee, I wiped myself and there was blood, it was red but dealuted blood..not enough to wet a pad, but each time I wipe, there it is....what is it??

I kept my cervix and they cautarized it. cant imagine what it can be?

any thoughts....
blessings,
I am 27, and 10 days post op, I am also having that problem, only had bleeding the 2nd day when they removed my catheter, I started bleeding today when I wiped after peeing an its there every time i pee and wipe. I had cervix and both ovaries removed along with uterus and tubes, they took everything, did you find out why you were bleeding???
Unread 04-20-2008, 07:26 PM
post bleeding

I too had everything removed. When I visited the Dr after 7 weeks because of bleeding he said I was a slow healer. He used silver nitrate (I guess to cortarise where the stitches are). I am still using premarin cream to help the situation. I do not take vitamins, but he encouraged me to.
Unread 04-21-2008, 06:43 PM

Hi;

traflay; about the bleeding, my doctor said that its normal to have a light bleeding during recovery (approx. 6 weeks), as long as its not heavy what they mean by heavy, is if you soak a pad in less than one hour....

they also say that the spotting or light bleeding could also be the stitches that are healing.....

but if not sure, ask your doctor to be on the safe side....
Unread 04-21-2008, 10:17 PM

thanx for the advice, I have an appointment in the morning . I'm really glad I found this site, it helps sooo much to have others to talk too.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register