Recovery ?'s at 3 months | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery ?'s at 3 months Recovery ?'s at 3 months

Unread 04-07-2008, 01:38 PM
Recovery ?'s at 3 months

I am not sure if this is normal or not but at just over 3 months time, I think I am at a standstill. My stomach stills gets pretty swollen after a long day. I still feel the pressure maybe not as bad and when I look there is not like it was before surgery but I have a constant pressure feeling still and when I think about it, I do a kegel and I can tell there is pressure if that makes sense. I was hoping I would not even feel my privates LOL without meaning to. I am trying to lose weight but if I do excerise for any amount of time that I actually need, I feel exhausted. I have pains in my stomach like I have cramps. I feel like I am leaking like discharge but nothing is there. I feel like I am irritated down there not raw but when I look it is pretty red. I wonder if that estrogen cream would work, but would that make it feel more wet?? I am assuming it would and it is uncomfortable feeling like I am leaking so I don't know , I imagine the cream would make that sensation worse?? Also, now this is TMI but I really think I smell. Not like something is dead but like after a long sweaty workout type of stink. It makes me very self conscience. I mentioned it to my doc and told him that I never so much as spotted after my surgery, so where are all the stitches? I had ALOT of work done down there. Should they not come at some point???
I also had a little "fix up tightening" down there and it looks weird. It has been a LONG time since I remember what it looked like before kids LOL. But it looks crazy. Sex is uncomfortable at first but I think it is because I am irritated. Maybe that is where the discharge feeling and smell are coming from? ANyone lese feel like this??? Am I losing my mind????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2008, 04:29 PM
Recovery ?'s at 3 months

I'm sorry you're feeling crappy. I'm only a bit over 3 wks..I think anyway. I understand what you mean about the discharge..leaking feeling but not having anything. I, too, have not bled nor had discharge since surgery but sometimes I feel like I'm discharging and there is nothing. I will ask Dr. at next weeks visit but I'm thinking it's because vagina still secretes even w/out a cervix and that's what I'm feeling. You may want to call Dr. and ask about that and tell him about the redness and irritation and possible smell..you may have a yeast infect. even though you're not itchy. ( have yet to get the nerve to look down there, no reason to anyway..) As I understand it, even at 3 -6 months its not unreasonable for you to feel tired..it does take a long time for insides to heal.
Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.
Unread 04-07-2008, 06:16 PM
Recovery ?'s at 3 months

Kdweh,
I am about a week or two behind you in recovery. My belly is still enlarged and I am exhausted after short walks. Yes, I keep thinking I messed in my panties, but it ends up just being vaginal gas (talk TMI!) hehehe....I can't exercise beyond walking thus far. I've tried "light" gym work, just using my arms, but guess what?! Some of those muscles are connected to your ab muscles (or at least are in me). I'm trying to lose weight too. I gained around 5 pounds after the surgery and am having a heck of a time getting that tiny bit off again. ARGH...I hear ya..I guess we are at the "3 month" mark phase of angst and discomfort, unless someone out there knows different!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2008, 06:41 PM
Recovery ?'s at 3 months

Ladies-- Everytime I think I've moved beyond needing this site I find a posting like this that is so helpful! I am almost at 9 weeks post op and have good days and bad. Most abdominal pain is gone, but I TOTALLY understand that feeling that feels like you have wet panties, but they are dry. Most days are good but I still feel that swelly belly thing. I tried jeans last week and that was a laugh. They fit ok, but they hurt when I sat down. I made it an hour and changed! I have pretty much jumped back into life, but I get tired much more easily than before. I also find that things stress me much faster than they did before the surgery but that could be due to the no-ovaries-no-hormones thing. Life is improving slowly but surely. Hopefully three months from now this will all be a distant memory! Hang in there. We will make it through somehow!
Unread 04-07-2008, 06:57 PM
Recovery ?'s at 3 months

I am at the three month frustration point as well. I am tired and cranky, I don't sleep well, can't sleep past 3:30 in the morning. Everyone tells me how amazing I look, but I only want to tell them that they must not have looked very closely before I had surgery.

I am still fighting a pale pink discharge that didn't appear until after my 6 week visit. I am avoiding intercourse like the plague due to fear (Very understanding hubby. I think he is afraid of hurting me.).

I think that I am in a fine mood and then a co-worker will ask me why I am angry.

I don't regret my surgery, but I do wonder when I will be "me" again or if I need to adjust to a new normal.
Unread 04-07-2008, 08:35 PM
Recovery ?'s at 3 months

Hey all I am too at the 3 month mark and actually have my 3 month appointment next week eek............... I am doing pretty good I am back to work full time and school but i get really tired. I am working out, I have to really push myself because I have lost a good amount of wt and I don't want to gain it back. I was cut up my stomach to the left of my belly button and have about a 9' incision, my incision is a little sore not like before. I have noticed two things lately 1) if I go pee it seems I don't finish and then I am back in the bathroom in a couple minutes so i have to sit there.
2) If I bend straight over and bend my tummy then some leakage comes out. I too wake up about 3-3:30 am and I am up for about 1 hour then go back to sleep. I finally gave in this past Sunday to the hubby, gosh it has been 7 months LOL anyway i was so scared that i was gonna hurt or bleed or have and issue but it went smooth. Good luck all!!
Unread 04-07-2008, 11:22 PM
Recovery ?'s at 3 months

I'm getting close to my three month post op mark. I'm feeling better than i've felt in a long time prior to my surgery on jan 21. I do still tire easy and occasionally have a feeling of heaviness or crampiness.
I finally relaxed last night and had sex. Me and DH had attempted it a couple of times but I was too uptight and didn't succeed. My Dr had said to make sure DH didn't hit the top of the cuff so sorry for the TMI but I kept my hand in between me and on him to sort of control how deep he went and if you ever heard the very redneck term choke the chicken well I killed the chicken and DH couldn't perform at all after I did that so we made sure i didn't do that again last night
And it wasn't too bad and I'm very thankful i'm feeling better! I do know I still have days I don't feel on top of the world but the days between are getting longer. Just hang in there and I'm praying for each of you!
Unread 04-08-2008, 01:44 AM
Recovery ?'s at 3 months

Well, I am glad to know it is just not in my head. I seriously started to second guess my pain and issues. The zoloft I have been taking is just not enough for this moodiness. My levels were good so I stopped the premarin. Will they still give that to you if your blood work is what "They" say normal? I go back for a 6 month follow up in June, so hopefully my constipation issues will be gone by then. I really do not want to go see the butt doctor as well. Thanks all for responding and I hope you feel better!
Unread 04-08-2008, 02:42 AM
Recovery ?'s at 3 months

Havaheart66:
I was wondering how long the doc said before you can have "regular" sex. Not worrying about the "cuff" I still have not been cleared for it. My doc told me 10 wks which will be this Thurs. but also said don't get to carried away. Do things ever get back to "before surgery" status? My doc really didn't tell me anything.. What I learn, I learn from the ladies here.
Thanks
Unread 04-08-2008, 11:44 AM
Recovery ?'s at 3 months

My Dr finally released me at my 8 week post op appt. And just like you he told me to not let DH get carried away. I was scared to death and my Dr even told me that he would prescibe me Valium to help me relax but I didn't want Valium.
I have not got back to the way things were before my surgery but i am getting better every day. I still occasionally have little twinges and achiness in my lower abdomen. I've pretty much resumed all activites except for lifting anything heavy and i've still not resumed feeding all our farm animals. Patti I see your surgery was on the 31st. Mine was the 21 so you a little behind me. Just hang in there. It will get better I promise! Make sure you have lubricant when you are released for sex! And try not to be as uptight as I was. Honestly it wasn't that uncomfortable after I got past the initial fear. And it's normal to be afraid. I will continue to pray for you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register