Need advice on how to handle Dr's visit tomorrow | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Need advice on how to handle Dr's visit tomorrow Need advice on how to handle Dr's visit tomorrow

Unread 04-07-2008, 08:30 PM
Need advice on how to handle Dr's visit tomorrow

Thanks for any advice on this, I'm getting kinda nervous!

anywho, tomorrow I am scheduled for an endometrial biopsy. (Just the sound of it gives me the heebie jeebies! )I really don't feel the need for such a thing and I'd rather avoid it. from what I understand this procedure is done to rule out cancer, and to undertand why there is abnormal bleeding etc.

The thing is, I 've never discussed with him abnormal bleeding and cancer has already been ruled out. I'm having a hysterectomy because I have two ginormous cysts on my ovaries. The talk has been hysterectomy because the size of the cysts have smooshed my uterus to a crecent shaped tube and the really big one is pushing on my bladder.

The nurse said on the phone the reason for the procedure is the Dr doesn't want to go into surgery blind. If 1 cat scan and 2 ultrasounds aren't what he needs , how the heck is this supposed to help?

I want to discuss this beforehand with the DR, not the nurses 'cause they really aren't in any postion to make decisions, and I'd like any advice on how to discuss this without making the Dr feel like I'm just being difficult. Afterall , he's the one doing the surgery and I'd really like to stay on good terms.

hipcyster
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2008, 08:45 PM

There's nothing wrong with discussing it with your doctor before hand, and if you asking that simple question puts you on bad terms then i would say he/she's not the doctor for you.
Your physcian should listen to you, and give you answers, not have the god complex of "Because I said so."

On the other note: I had the endrometrial biopsy. I took 800mg of Motrin 30 min before the procedure and it helped. It's real fast, feels like a sharp pain, then a crampy pain. I spotted for a bit after, it wasn't neary as terrible as that urodynamic test I had to go through.
Good luck!
Unread 04-08-2008, 07:01 AM

I agree that you have the right to ask your dr questions. He's a professional and should be ready and able to answer any question that you have.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2008, 07:32 AM

its your body and you have the right to ask any question you want and you also deserve an answer that you understand and are happy with. once you do that, if you are still unsure..a second opinion would be smart. good luck.
Unread 04-08-2008, 08:00 AM

The procedure isn't that bad. I went in completely blind to mind and didn't take any pain pills before hand. Went to work after it was done. Did take some pain pills afterwards. Just some Motrin. And spotted a bit afterwards but pretty painless compared to most gyne procedures.
Ask your dr. if your not sure what is going on. My dr did mine because he wanted to make sure he knew what he was dealing with. Endo does not show up on ultrasounds. This is a good way to test to find out how much he may be dealing with. No question is too small or too big when it comes to your health. Your dr should not feel threatened by your questions but welcome them because you are taking an active role in your health.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register