day 17 feeling alone and in pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

day 17 feeling alone and in pain day 17 feeling alone and in pain

Unread 04-07-2008, 08:58 PM
day 17 feeling alone and in pain

hi first time on site, this is alot harder than I thought. the pain is geting better, but constipation is horrible. I do not know anyone around my own age who has gone through this. surgery lasted almost 7 hrs. bad endo, one tube removed and lots of other work done. How long until you start to feel like yourself? Is it normal to be happy one minute and crying the next? I welcome any advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2008, 09:12 PM

Hi - I don't know how old you are, but it will get better. I had a TAH/BSO on 6 March, and I'm feeling a lot better (although still constipated). I've been taking Milk of Magnesia and eating fruit; tomorrow I'm going for prune juice - I think it's almost as embarrasing to buy that all by itself as it is to buy feminine products!

As you read your away around the site, you'll find that a lot of women are moody, but it does get better; if it doesn't, call your doctor. Same with the constipation.

I won't say I'm quite myself yet, but I really feel a lot better than I did at 17 days. Some days I'll feel a lot better, then the next day I might not feel as well. It's a very up and down process.

Get all of the rest and fluids that you need and take care of yourself.

MMM
Unread 04-07-2008, 09:24 PM

I will be 34 on Saturday. thank you for responding so far this site is helping more than anything I have found. I can not imagine having to drink prune juice but I think I might have to give it a try. just can't wait to be able to move without pain. have your hormones settled down yet? the night sweats are horrible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2008, 09:25 PM

Hi, You came to the right site. I have gotten answers that I need here. I am day 21 today. I still get moody and my DH and DS's have gotten a little better about it. I do feel better but I have good days and bad days. I had trouble with constipation at first but now I am doing better. I used stool softeners every day and used milk of mag when needed. I increased the fiber in my meals. I found that warm prune juice (yuck) worked like a charm. It usually worked within 2-3 hours. Good luck.

Pam
Unread 04-07-2008, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmdh903
hi first time on site, this is alot harder than I thought. the pain is geting better, but constipation is horrible. I do not know anyone around my own age who has gone through this. surgery lasted almost 7 hrs. bad endo, one tube removed and lots of other work done. How long until you start to feel like yourself? Is it normal to be happy one minute and crying the next? I welcome any advice.

Hi, I agree a hyster is alot harder than I thought it would be. The recovery is kicking my butt. I had surgery march 5 and I' m just starting to feel somewhat like my self. It is a phsical and emotional rollercoaster. Try to hang in there. It helps me to browse through this site because it's helpful and comforting to know we are not alone. As far as constipation goes I have been taking colace the doc prescribed when discharged from hospital. It has 3 refills so I am guessing having a bm is going to be uncomfortable for a few more months, Ask your doc about this. I am not sure I'm your age , I am 34. Feel free to send me a private message if you need to vent or just talk. Best Wishes
Unread 04-08-2008, 05:26 PM

thank you for the advice. just kowing that there are others out there who are around my age (34) that are going through this helps. I got permission to drive today took a small drive to the school and it was horrible, getting in and out of my mini hurt thank god I did not have to stop suddenly!! I have been going crazy sitting around but I was so happy to come home and sleep. It kills me to think that it is ok to take a nap in the middle of the day. I hope that everyone who is either recovering from this or about to go through it is doing well and good luck with this. I am hoping that I will feel up celebrating my birthday this weekend. should we try and go out or stay in I do not want to do something to set me back.
Unread 04-08-2008, 05:55 PM

I'm 34 too. I only know a few people (jncluding my mother-in-law) who have had a hyster and they are not even calling to see how I am. That being said I am so GLAD I found this site. I don't know how well I would be recovering without it!
Unread 04-08-2008, 06:03 PM

I am 39 and will be 40 in a few months. My surgery will be 4 weeks ago tomorrow, never know what the day will bring if I feel better or not. Physically I am healing well and have little pain but emotionally I never know.

Did you have ovaries removed too? That may be your night sweat problems.

Doctor put me on hormones when I left hospital. I seem to stay cold all the time, but I was always cold prior to surgery.

Wish you a speedy recovery!
Unread 04-08-2008, 06:18 PM
Birthdays and sweats

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmdh903
I will be 34 on Saturday. thank you for responding so far this site is helping more than anything I have found. I can not imagine having to drink prune juice but I think I might have to give it a try. just can't wait to be able to move without pain. have your hormones settled down yet? the night sweats are horrible.
No way - I'll be 50 on Saturday! I'll be thinking of you. No, my hormones haven't settled down much, although I do think the hotflashes are getting a little better. I'm on Estroven, a plant based supplement; my doctor won't let me go on HRT.

Margaret
Unread 04-08-2008, 08:11 PM

overiers were left but tubes removed with part of bladder, stomache, cervix,dr said 21 lbs removed so I do not know why the night sweats. hope they go away soon. have also had leg numbness which sucks dr said it is a compressed nerve. too many little things that add up to big pain cannot wait to feel better. hope everyone out there is getting better sorry for complaining so much. thank you all for your help. Tina

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register