day 17 feeling alone and in pain - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

day 17 feeling alone and in pain day 17 feeling alone and in pain

Unread 04-08-2008, 08:12 PM
day 17 feeling alone and in pain

Happy Birthday It Is Always Great To Find Someone To Share The Day With. What Are Your Plans ?? I Can Not Decide If We Shoud Try And Go Out Or Not. What Doyou Think??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2008, 09:52 PM

Hi I had a TAH and tummy tuck on March 10. I was so constipated 5 days after my surgery I ended up in the emergency room where they had to give me a milk of molasses enema. I also couldn't pee so I ended up with a cath for 4 days! what a nightmare! I remember crying in pain on the toilet. called my doc and he said go to the emergency room. So I've been taking lots of colace (stool softener) since and it works. I take 2 in the morning and 2 at night. Hope you feel better soon!
Unread 04-09-2008, 03:22 AM

HI Tina. My Dr told me sometimes the ovaries shut down in shock even if you keep them. (I have only 1 left and was surprised by symptoms of hot flashes, nightsweats, mood swings and monster headaches.) Dr says the ovary should kick in again soon (I am day 14). Incidentally, I can't imagine going out in 3 or 4 days time to party - I am just happy to be able to sit for couple of hours in my living room. There will be more birthdays but only 1 chance to recover well and sensibly. Be good to yourself. Feel free to whinge - we all do - even those recovering well have hard days. God bless. Alison
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2008, 08:10 AM

Hi. I am 32 yrs. old and I am 4 weeks post op today. I had a TAH (ovaries were left) I know how you feel. So many little things that happen and it just feels like forever and a day before you will see the light at the end of the tunnel. The night sweats were the worst for me. They did correct themselves and go away after about a week. 12 days post op I ended up with bladder leakage. Turns out it was normal and also had 2 UTI's. I too had problems with constipation. I will share with you my dr's potion and let me tell you - IT WORKED!!! Take the highest dosage of Milk of Mag that the directions say and double it. So you will fill up that little cup twice and take it like a shot. Then after you have taken your shots of Milk of Mag chase it with a big glass of very warm water. I went 6 days with NO bowel movement and after being at the dr and coming home to do this I was flowing normally within 2hrs of the potion. You may have very loose stools for a couple of days but it was quiet refreshing to go without bearing down or straining. At 4 weeks today I have normal bm's and no complaints. I am finishing up my antibiotic for the UTI this morning and my leaking problem has corrected itself. I am feeling pretty good at 4 weeks and I am getting ready to get back into an exercise routine and after 4/14/08. I will probably get ready to return to wrk. Try to keep your spirits up. Use this time to do things that you wouldn't normally do or wouldn't have time to do. At 17 days you should be able to walk around a little bit. Even if it is just a few minutes a day. It will make you feel like you have accomplished something. Good luck to you in your journeys. Keep posting and look to this site for friends/advice. It is a great resource.
Unread 04-09-2008, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmdh903
Happy Birthday It Is Always Great To Find Someone To Share The Day With. What Are Your Plans ?? I Can Not Decide If We Shoud Try And Go Out Or Not. What Doyou Think??
My 32 year old son is taking me out on Friday. On Saturday I have a banquet for a volunteer organization I belong to - just a coincidence that it's on my birthday. Base whether or not you go out on your birthday entirely on how you feel. You might want to order in, instead, but whatever you do, make sure you do something special for yourself.

Margaret

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register