Low grade fever, 4 weeks post op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Low grade fever, 4 weeks post op Low grade fever, 4 weeks post op

Unread 04-08-2008, 08:19 AM
Low grade fever, 4 weeks post op

This is my first post on the message board. Today it has been 4 weeks since I had my TVH, kept left ovary. The day I was released from the hospital I was running a low-grade fever and took Amoxicillin, the fever was still present, and now I'm finishing Augmentin. I've run low-grade fever everyday since the day after my surgery. I went in at 1 week and the doctor did blood work, and urine test. All the test looked fine then I went for a 3 week check up and all we did was talk. She told me to give the medicine time to work. I tried to call her yesterday and ask her some questions and never had my call returned. I feel like no one is listening to me. My fever never goes over 100.3, but it's enough that it makes you have chills and feel run down. I do not have any pain. Is there anyone else who have had this problem and could give me some advise on what might have been the problem. I really had a lot of trust and confidence in my doctor until the after experience. Thanks for listening because I really do not know what else to do. I am scheduled for another appointment 5 weeks on Monday and she's supposed to do a vaginal exam, but I'm ready for some answers now because I am really ready to go back to work, and cannot because of fever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2008, 03:44 PM

georgielambert

I'm sorry you're experiencing this but you're not alone and I hope some other ladies will be along soon to share.

In the meantime, if you try a Google Search of HysterSisters (towards the top right of this page) on "low grade fever", you'll find hundreds of posts to read through.

Please don't hesitate to make a call your doctor again. Will you let us know how you get on? I hope you're feeling alot better very soon. Take care!

Unread 04-08-2008, 04:08 PM

Thanks for your reply. I did finally talk to the doctor this afternoon. I do not believe that the nurse was telling her all the information that I was giving her. I'm going in the morning for extenxsive test. Hopefully, I will finally get some answers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2008, 08:32 PM

Good - I'm glad you talked to her again. I did have a low grade fever and it was from a post op infection that ended up getting very serious. IMO a low grade fever should not be dismissed but dealt with seriously after major surgery like this.

Good Luck and let us know how you do.

Starbgirl
Unread 04-09-2008, 06:12 AM

Hi,

have not had a fever, but concerned about you, please let us know what the results of the tests are and how you are feeling. hang in there....

blessings,
Unread 04-09-2008, 08:55 AM

I just got back from having 4 tubes of blood drawn hopefully it will show something. If it doesn't she said that we'll start other test. Guess it's a wait and see thing. Thanks for your prayers and support. I'll keep you all posted.
Unread 04-09-2008, 09:04 AM

hi i have just had full hysterctomy on the 28th march 2008 , after i had it done my temp was spikeing but didnt know why but while in hospital i had 4 intravenious drip of anti biotics also on discharge from hospital i have had 2 lots of antibiotics which i have now finished. i had to go back to the hospital as my wound was gapping a little, i got to go bk on friday for a wound check but i am fed up of feeling crap and unable to do things also i feel the after care is rubbish i dont know if yours was the same
Unread 04-09-2008, 09:11 AM

Yes, I feel like no one would listen to my complaints. We do know our bodies, and yes I know it is major surgery, but someone should still take what we're telling them serious. I have found that most want to attribute everything to harmones, and I also know that they are all out of wack, but can they make you run a low grade fever for 4 weeks and that is what I cannot find answers to. Hopefully, after my visit today with blood work we'll start looking for some solutions. FINALLY!!! I sure hope that things get better for you also. Just keep pushing and hopefully someone will finally listen to what you are telling them. That is the only way I feel like I'm starting to get some answers.
Unread 04-09-2008, 09:49 AM

georgie -

Has your Dr considered a CT scan with contrast to look inside? I know when I had my infection my blood work showed nothing until things were very critical. The CT scan however showed the problem. I actually got blood work back on Thursday showing no elevated white count and when I was admitted to the hospital 4 days later, my white count was 28,000.

Good luck,

Starbgirl
Unread 04-09-2008, 09:52 AM

She hasn't said anything about a CT scan. So, I'm really not sure. What ended up being your problem? And was your temp only low grade? Because mine stays in the 99 - 100.3 range. The longer I stand up is when it get's up to the 100.3 range.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register