Anyone giving their Dr a thank you card? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone giving their Dr a thank you card? Anyone giving their Dr a thank you card?

Unread 04-08-2008, 09:31 AM
Anyone giving their Dr a thank you card?

Has or did anyone give their Dr a thank you card? I have been going to my Dr for years. I've had lots of "girl" problems, which have resulted in surgeries. He has done 2 of them including my LAVH BSO.

I have always gotten a same day appointment when I've called in pain and he addresses all my concerns. He helps manage my pain and doesn't allow me to be in pain. His office is professional and he has an excellent bedside manner. He takes the time to answer all my questions and he has even called me at home on the weekends to see how I am doing. After my surgeries he went and took the time to talk to my DH and answer his questions. I feel that he is a godsend, my angel!

These are some of the reasons I thought I should send a thank you card. Do you send thank you cards to Drs?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2008, 09:36 AM

SW34
I'm not much of Thank You card person (actually I try to avoid supporting the Hallmark card market in general and choose to give something small instead).
I've had a great dr and his office staff is also very helpful whenever I call. I took them a small flowering plant for the office since it's finally spring but I'm sure any expression of appreciation is welcome.
Unread 04-08-2008, 09:55 AM

I have been thinking about a card or maybe something small as a gift. I think a card is good because they always have those boards with pictures on it....maybe it could give some other lady comfort about how good your doctor is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2008, 10:37 AM

slmd a flowering plant good idea.
nicoler76 I didn't think about that I'm not sure if there is a board maybe he could start one...I just thought I wanted him to know how much I appreciate him.
Unread 04-08-2008, 11:02 AM

YES I AM!!!!!

I have the same kind of doc as "sw34"...I'm So happy he's MY doc!..I will be sending a card to the nurses in the hosptial also..they took GREAT care of me!
Unread 04-08-2008, 11:30 AM

What a great idea! I'm sad to say that I didn't even think about doing this. Do you think it's too late to send something to them even if my surgery was 4 months ago?
Unread 04-08-2008, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jill6577
What a great idea! I'm sad to say that I didn't even think about doing this. Do you think it's too late to send something to them even if my surgery was 4 months ago?

of course not! wouldn't you like to be there when he opens it!
Unread 04-08-2008, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jill6577

I don't think it is ever to late!
Unread 04-08-2008, 11:34 AM

Give one in person or mail it? Thougts?
Unread 04-08-2008, 11:49 AM

I can't say I was that thankful to my OB-GYN that did my hyster, but I interupted my old OB-GYN (that delivered my first child) while he and his wife were having dinner, so my husband and I decided to get them a card and gift cert. for the meal he had to miss. He REALLY appreciated it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register