Anyone giving their Dr a thank you card? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone giving their Dr a thank you card? Anyone giving their Dr a thank you card?

Unread 04-08-2008, 12:27 PM
Anyone giving their Dr a thank you card?

My doctor has always taken the time to listen and answer my questions. A week before my surgery, she came in on her afternoon off and spent 90 minutes with me discussing the surgery and answering all of my questions. I was in the hospital over the weekend, and she came in both days to check on me. I am so grateful for the personal care she gave me.

I'm a beaded jewelry designer, so I'm taking my doctor a beaded badge holder. I had my DH bring in samples while I was in the hospital so I could get an idea of what she liked. I see her on the 14th and I'll give it to her then.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2008, 12:49 PM

Hi SW34,

I sent out a ~Thank-you~ card to my Dr's office after my hyst. I also might suggest sending a letter to the Hospital Administator of the hospital where you had your hyst..and making some nice comments about your Dr. Hospitals like to know when a Dr. is doing a good job.

Sending best wishes~

Mary
Unread 04-08-2008, 01:00 PM

I love, love, love my doctor! I'm still seeing her weekly but I already sent her and the staff a gift.

Last week she started me on a certain kind of fiber (Konsyl) it tastes like beach sand mixed with water. I hate it and I let her know it. The next day I emailed her and said, Fiber :-p~~~~ It's Disgusting! She wrote me back and said she knew but she used it herself and she wouldn't make her patients use it if she didn't use it herself. So anyway.....the next day I sent her two boxes of the best pears in the world from Harry & David's. Pears are high in fiber....I sent them with a note that said, "Now THIS is good tasting fiber!" The just got delivered to the hospital today, by the time they make it to the clinic it may be tomorrow. So, I haven't gotten a response yet.

LOL...I also crocheted her some socks. LOL I was going to make stirrup covers but I thought that may not be the most sanitary of gifts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2008, 02:12 PM

I gave my doc a card and t-shirt -both of which I made
Unread 04-08-2008, 02:13 PM

I gave my doc a card and yoga t-shirt (she does yoga) -both of which I make in my current line of business.
Unread 04-08-2008, 03:16 PM

i was thinking of making my doctor some of those surgical caps, like doo-rags. i sew and i thought my dr might appreciate a couple. i was going to send them along with a thank you card. i am not up to sewing yet, but i figure i will either mail them or bring them to my 6 wk appt.
Unread 04-08-2008, 03:17 PM

I didn't send a card to my DR, I just thanked him. I did send a thank you card and a gift basket to the staff at the hospital that took care of me. They are the ones who put up with my questions, concerns, crying and so much more ( they were great when I couldn't pee)! They were wonderful and they deserved to know how much I appreciated their care!

Kim
Unread 04-08-2008, 03:35 PM

I sent flowers to my Gyn, Gyn/Onc that did the surgery, and the Hospital staff.
I was so scared when my Gyn sent me to the Gyn/Onc and they both took a lot of time with me answering questions and explaining things, some things they would have to explain more than once!
My Gyn/Onc spent a lot of time with my husband after the surgery. It was around 10:00pm. He gave him the info he needed, and allowed him to be the one to tell me they didn't find any cancer.
The hospital nurses were wonderful! I was discharged on Valentines day, and they even brought me candy!
They really helped us through a very scary time.
Unread 04-08-2008, 04:43 PM

I felt kind of bad for my doctor... I had been referred to him because of fibroids. I had had two ultrasounds done two years apart, he reviewed those, we dicussed the options and decided on an adominal hysterectomy. He gave me a very brief exam because we both thought we knew what we were dealing wit. Imagine his surprise in the operating room when he discovers the worst case of endometriosis he has ever seen! I didn't even know I had it! I guess he kept telling my family while he was talking to them that I was one tough lady! I happen to own a flower shop so I took a basket arrangement to both his office and the nurses at the hospital. I know they all appreciated them. The doctor's flowers where still in his waiting room lookin' fairly good two 1/2 weeks later.
Unread 04-08-2008, 04:53 PM
I did not

I did not send a card to my doctor luckily, since the surgery failed. Is it his fault, yes and no. I also wouldn't send a card out for those things, personally, it is their job they do everyday, just like the housekeeper, mail lady, cashier at our favorite store.

I am not a highly emotional person when it comes to things like that.

To each his own I suppose.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register