Estradiol.....Help!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Estradiol.....Help!!! Estradiol.....Help!!!

Unread 04-08-2008, 11:33 AM
Estradiol.....Help!!!

Is anyone else out there on Estradiol. I'm just looking for others who are taking this and wonder how it is working for you....any side effects, etc.

LAVH/BSO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2008, 12:05 PM
Estradiol.....Help!!!

Hi!

I use Vivelle Dot, which is a transdermal estradiol patch that is changed twice a week. I've been using it for a couple of years and have done really well on it. I like that I don't have to remember to take a pill and also appreciate the fact that it's not hard on my digestive system as it is absorbed through the skin.

Which estradiol are using? (Pill, patch, gel, lotion?) Are you having any problems? I noticed from other posts of yours that you're making the change from Premarin to estradiol. It can take time for any change to be effective so if you're having problems, keep in touch with your doctors to let him/her know the symptoms you're having and hang in there as things can settle down and even out over time.

s
Unread 04-08-2008, 12:32 PM
Estradiol.....Help!!!

I was on Premarin for the first month after surgery, did well with it but couldn't afford it right now so I switched to Estradiol. I started out with 2mg pill daily, but I had severe headaches, cloudiness...I couldn't think straight, I didn't feel like myself at all! So, my Dr. told me to try cutting it in half....I've been doing that and I still don't feel right, still having the same symptoms as mentioned above. I've been on the Estradiol for the last 5 wks or so. So, I think I will just have to switch back to the Premarin and figure out how to pay for it. It's all so frustrating! I just don't like feeling so cloudy, not being able to think straight and just not feeling right overall! I want to feel like myself again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2008, 02:52 PM
Estradiol.....Help!!!

I just read on another thread that the generic estradiol patch is available on the low cost prescriptions. Maybe a different method of delivery would work better for you? Might be worth a try.
Unread 04-09-2008, 11:18 AM
Estradiol.....Help!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang1
I was on Premarin for the first month after surgery, did well with it but couldn't afford it right now so I switched to Estradiol. I started out with 2mg pill daily, but I had severe headaches, cloudiness...I couldn't think straight, I didn't feel like myself at all! So, my Dr. told me to try cutting it in half....I've been doing that and I still don't feel right, still having the same symptoms as mentioned above. I've been on the Estradiol for the last 5 wks or so. So, I think I will just have to switch back to the Premarin and figure out how to pay for it. It's all so frustrating! I just don't like feeling so cloudy, not being able to think straight and just not feeling right overall! I want to feel like myself again!

Hi, I know the feeling of money issues and Premarin, I used to take it, but switched to Estratet (sp ck) have you downloaded the FREE RxCard Hystersisters offer? Its at http://www.hsrxcard.com/ and I use it at Walmart, I get such a better value! Some times 40-50 dollars off my Ambien Generic!! ITS AMAZING!!! try it, you have nothing to lose only to gain... the pharmacy will keep it in your file and use it with each refill or new Rx.. good luck!!
Unread 04-10-2008, 09:47 AM
Estradiol.....Help!!!

I am taking oral estadiol it has been the best form of estrogen I have taken so far and also the cheapest under $10. I have been told that is a good medication and alot of people have good results on it. It does take awhile to build up in your system. I started out on 1mg and gradually increased to 2 mg. One thing to mention is that you may need to take it 2 times a day it wear's off faster than other estrogen pills you may have to experiment with the times most people take it in the morning and then you can take it again in late afternoon or before you go to bed.
Unread 04-16-2008, 05:36 PM
Estradiol.....Help!!!

I was just prescribed Estradiol 1mg today, and am hoping it works well. I usually do well with any form of meds, so hopefully no complications. I get migraines, and hope this won't trigger them. The dr told me to give it 3 wks, and we'll see if we need to adjust the dosage, but he did say if I end up with headaches for a week, to call him & we will adjust it sooner.
I refused the patch, due to cant even stand to wear a bandaid, and refused the ring or cream. Although I wouldn't mind trying the cream if others fail.
Goodluck and I will keep you posted on how I do the Estradiol. I took it at lunchtime today, and so far I don't think I feel any side effects. Thanks for the heads up about when to take it. I have worse symptoms at night, so maybe taking it at lunchtime or dinner time would better benefit me. Or I could break them in half and take one in the am and pm.
Thanks
Joani

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register