4 mos questions | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 mos questions 4 mos questions

Unread 04-08-2008, 12:28 PM
4 mos questions

Okay Ladies - I have a few questions from the wise ones who have walked this road.
I am now 3 1/2 to 4 mos post op. Feeling much better but still have a few issues and want to know if these are normal.
I still have lower left pelvic pain intermittently throughout the day. Not bad - I have not had a pain pill since 3/24/08. Believe me I know it is not a cyst or abcess or any type of infection because I have had every "scan known to man" including a white blood cell study. I think that it is scar tissue???? because it is a pulling/pinching sensation. But like I mentioned is does seem to come less frequently and is not as intense.
Also towards the end of the day my belly swells and everything feels tight and hard inside. My laproscopic incision scars are still very sensitive.
My emotions seem to be better as well but I still am weepy sometimes without being prevoked in anyway.
Do you all think that it can be normal to still feel some of what I am feeling?????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2008, 12:37 PM
4 mos questions

whoops I meant questions for the wise
Unread 04-08-2008, 12:39 PM
4 mos questions

I am 2 months post op and also have lower left (occasionally right) pelvic pain. I assumed this was the muscles growing back after the incision. I had robotic surgery and have 5 incision sites. My scars are not totally sensitive but I don't like to touch them because they feel hard (and weird). I haven't felt weepy but sometimes do feel weird (that I don't have uterus and cervix) although I never planned on having more children and could care less really that I don't have uterus and cervix. I think what you are feeling is normal (unless we are both crazy...lol).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2008, 01:03 PM
4 mos questions

Hi ladies,
I'm at 3 mos. and had everything removed LAVH. I occasionally have pelvic pain as well. Its all part of the healing process I'm sure. We did have major surgery, and things inside were moved around, sutured, etc. So there's bound to be pains now and then. I have noticed though, if I make sure and drink a lot of water and get enough exercise in, that I feel better. Almost normal. If thats possible. LOL.
Since having everything removed, I too have felt weird. Not just the weepy thing every now and then, but the "I don't feel right or like I used to". But then again, atleast I don't have the horrible pain any more. Right now I'm having issues with gaining control of my weight. I know that weight gain is a symptom of menopause, but trying to get control of this is really frustrating. Hopefully I'll figure it out soon.
Unread 04-08-2008, 01:44 PM
4 mos questions

I had mine the day before you and have the EXACT same symptoms you do so don't worry. You are not alone and we may, in fact, be normal!

It is not necessarily pain but pulling is a great way to explain it. Annoying is another.
Unread 04-08-2008, 05:53 PM
10 weeks-getting frustrated

with the pulling at times. Last week was my 3rd week back at work--but it was the first full week. The others were 3 then 4 days. By Friday I was so uncomfortable and it took all weekend to feel better. Also, Thursday after word I think I did too much--groceries (3 gallons of milk, laundry detergent) nobody home to help--did laundry, dishwasher,etc. Not smart. Anyway, by the evening I'm beat. It just gets annoying sometimes. Thank you for listening and sharing your recoveries too!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register