21 days | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-08-2008, 05:30 PM
21 days

today is my 21 day.I walk carefully 1 mile a day at least,BUT I felt much better last week.I still need 1 pain pill a day,and sometimes 1 at night.Does anyone else out there still have pain???Is anyone still taking pain pills??? Everybody seems to think I should be normal again.Does anyone have cramps when they have a BM?When is this supposed to be over?Is anyone else cold all the time?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2008, 05:43 PM
21 days

Sometimes I take a pain pill at night. I have less than 10 left so I'm trying to spread them out. That is great that you walk so much. I wish I could I can't even make it through the grocery store. I have some infections so hopefully after they clear up I'll feel a lot better.

Sometimes I feel crampy when I have a BM.

I feel hot even my eyelids feel hot.
Unread 04-08-2008, 06:09 PM
21 days

Today was my first BM without cramps - YEEH! Vicodin made me very constipated so I have been doing okay with ibuprofin. Just got my ibuprofin prescription refilled, though, as I generally take two a day.

Please take good care of yourself and try to block out the remarks about being "normal." It's your recovery, not theirs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2008, 06:10 PM
21 days

Wow a mile a day. I couldn't make it a mile on my good days prior to surgery. Maybe you are doing too much.

I know that I still have some pain if I over do it during the day and my surgery was the day before yours.

I have some small cramping (like where my ovaries were at) but I am hoping that it will go away SOON!
Unread 04-08-2008, 07:05 PM
21 days

Hiya
1. I am cold all the time, a heating pad is my best friend
2. I still take 1 pain pill at night, which seems to be when the day catches up with me and the cramping and stinging is too much
3. I had 2 of my MOST PAINFUL days during Week 3 - I was surprised and taken aback.
This surgery is very day-to-day and recovery varies also to each person- if you read the progress Updates thread for your week of surgery I am sure ou find many others with the same issues you have... seems like you are quote "normal" recovery-wise.
Unread 04-08-2008, 08:46 PM
21 days

I am not alone!!!!!For three weeks I have been wishing I had someone I could talk to who understood and I could compare notes with.Sometimes I am overcome almost to the point of nausea when I think of this huge incision in my belly.I am so nervous of hitting it.My comfort comes when I think of my doctor who did this to help and protect me.Thank you all for writing to me
Unread 04-09-2008, 07:06 AM
21 days

I had my surgery almost a week before you and still take my Ibuprofen every 6-8 hours. As for a mile walk I am happy to make it to the kitchen and around Wal-Mart, well from the door to the milk isle and back anyway.

Driving is still not 100% comfortable and I keep it to a minimum for Dr's appointments only.

Oh and I had a TVH.
Unread 04-10-2008, 01:07 PM
21 days

thank-you for your thoughts.I live in the country I never realized how bumpy our roads are!!! Thanks again.
Unread 04-10-2008, 01:24 PM
21 days

My heating pad is my new best friend after i read your message.THANK-YOU!Was it you who wrote about what they did to you when you were asleep in the OR? WELL... today I got my whole surgical and pathologist files.It is ALL in there."The abdomen,external genitalia and vagina were prepped."It goes on and on.My goodness.I won't even change clothes in front of my mother.
Unread 04-10-2008, 07:24 PM
21 days

Yup, me and my heating pad are best buddies. I really needed it last night after overdoing it housecleaning ( I had 4 weeks' worth of accumulated uckiness... and while son and boyfriend help, they do not clean the way I do, with bleach, etc.)

Yes, it was also me posting the thread about the indignity... because I think most of us are modest women in daily life, and to have to let it all hang out and then give up all privacy when in a hospital is very scary to me, and made me feel weird.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register