bump under my incision | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

bump under my incision bump under my incision

Unread 04-09-2008, 08:49 AM
bump under my incision

Hi! I am very thankful for this web site!!! I have learned so much from reading everyones questions and responses. Thank You all!
I am now turning to you for help. I had a TAH on March 25th and the ovaries remain. Everything went well and I think I am healing good. It is now two weeks out and I am concerned about a bump I have under my incision. When I feel along most of the incision it is what I believe to be normal till I get to the end of one side where there is a bump about the size of a small egg. Probably a little smaller.
Has anyone else experienced this?Is this adhesions already? I am doing well and maybe I am doing to much. Is this normal or should I be concerned? Any info will be greatly appreciated!

Peace and good healing to you all,
Bonnie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2008, 09:28 AM
bump under my incision

Hi, glad your healing good. You should call Dr. to ask but bump could be knot in stitch..that's what mine are. Or maybe skin. Either way just call office and ask what they think, hopefully its not serious and is just a stitch or something like that.
Good luck
Unread 04-09-2008, 04:55 PM
bump under my incision

Thanks for the info.. I did do a search on this site and found some other comments on this. I guess I did not word it right the first time.

I am considering calling my Dr. tomorrow.

Thanks again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2008, 11:34 PM
bump under my incision

I had surgery 8 weeks ago and I have the same thing. Have my last follow up visit on Friday and am going to ask about it. I do think it has gotten smaller over the last few weeks, however.

Just for curiosity sake, is it on the side you sleep on? Mine is, so I wondered.
Unread 04-10-2008, 05:55 AM
bump under my incision

Yes, my bump is on the side I sleep. I have also been more sore than I was a week ago and it hurts in that area more when getting up. Please let me know what your Dr. has to say. I don't want to call the doctor yet if it is nothing.

Interesting point about the side you sleep on.

Thanks!
Unread 04-10-2008, 10:23 AM
bump under my incision

I had TAH/BSO March 10th, and I have the "bump" sometimes mine are larger that others. I find if I over do they are larger. Ask gyn on my 4 week appt and he said it is stiching. His comment was remeber we had to sew everything back up there. He said that with time it should go away and to stop over doing. Right!
Unread 04-10-2008, 12:03 PM
bump under my incision

I have a bump on 1 side and I showed my husband and he thought it maybe from the last place the Dr stiched he had watched the same Dr do my 2 c-sections and pointed out that she always started from one side and ended on the other and thought thats what happend this time. I got to admit it makes since I'll find out in a couple weeks.
Unread 04-20-2008, 12:10 PM
bump under my incision

i have a bump under my incision too. i had a LSH on april 8th. its on the side the uterus was taken out. my doc saw it on the last visit but it is bigger now. smaller than an egg but much bigger than a grape! it hurts some but not much. all in all i'm very happy with my progress. if anyone finds out what these are will u let me know too? i may call the doc tomorrow just to make sure and i'll do the same...... i'm thinking it must be soemthing that is common as so many of us sisters have it!
Unread 04-24-2008, 01:24 PM
bump under my incision

Hi i too have a bump under my incision mine is all the way across the full length im sure i had it for a while after both my c sections too think its just the scar tissue healing and repairing from where is all been sewn back together if you find it painful or sore id seek some medical advice
Unread 04-26-2008, 07:06 AM
bump under my incision

Thanks everyone for your input. I saw my DR for my 4 week check-up and asked what he thought it was. He told me it still is healing there and gave no other information about it.

I will keep watching it. I do notice it gets bigger when I do more. I think it is just scar tissue.

I also gave him info on this web site for I really enjoy it!! His office did not know about it so hopefully they will pass it on.

Good healing to you all!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register