Boot Camp | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-09-2008, 02:17 PM
Boot Camp

I had surgery about 11 weeks ago and feel pretty good at this point. But my question is has anyone at this point done any serious exercising? I have a friend that wants me to take a "Boot Camp" with her in about 2 weeks. I am wanting to lose some weight, but I do not know if this might be too much.

I am on a HRT (but I have my ovaries), because of hot flashes, vaginal dryness, etc. So I do not know if it will really be beneficial to start something like this for 3 times a week.

Any one out there thinking about it or did it?

Thanks for your feedback!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2008, 02:34 PM
Boot camp!?!?!

You are brave to even consider doing a boot-camp style workout.

After a major surgery like we've had, it's always a good idea to get the green light from your doctor. I know they "release us" at our 6 week appointment, but it can take 6 months to a year for all the internal stuff to heal completly.

Remember - better to be safe than sorry. Check w/ the doctor first. If you get the green light - go for it!

Take care of you!

TAH / BSO - March 11th for endo & adeno
Unread 04-09-2008, 02:49 PM
Boot Camp

I have been doing hard core training with a trainer for about 6 weeks now...4 times a week 1.5 hours at a time, I did have a robotic hyst so that makes a difference in the incisional healing but the inside stuff is all the same - I would start gentle workouts before trying anything as brutal as what you're looking at..."test the water" as it may...if you're feeling good - see what you can do but remember your between workout recovery time is vital and you may need more recovery time than usual!
Good luck
Trish
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2008, 08:35 PM
Boot Camp

I had my abdominal surgery on Feb 8th and I started boot camp this past Monday. Prior to my Nov TVH and the complications that led to my major abdominal surgery in Feb I was very fit. I was a runner and did PT several times a week. But let me tell you as I sit here tonight after session 2 - I am SO sore. I don't regret starting this early but I definitley scaled it back tonight from how hard I worked out on Monday. I thought about waiting 6 more weeks until the next session, but I decided I am going to go through this soreness whether I start now or then so I decided to go for it.

First though, my Dr said I could go back to working out. Second, although my body took major hits over the past 5 months, prior to all this I was very fit.

Best for you if you talk to your Dr and see what they think, and then evaluate your own fitness level to start something intense like this so close to your surgery. You can always do what I did though and participate in a scaled back way.

Good Luck and hve fun. At least I can type. I think my fingers are the only thing that doesn't hurt tonight

Starbgirl

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register