Lupron ............help??????? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Endometriosis Support

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Lupron ............help??????? Lupron ............help???????

Unread 04-09-2008, 06:40 PM
Lupron ............help???????

Hi all,
i finally got my 1ST Lupron shot (after waiting a month for it too be approved) and its been a week. today i feel very weepy and my lower back is killing me right now. i fely sick to my stomache yesterday and this morning. if anyone has had this shot -----
is this normal???? becuz i don't know if i can feel like this for the next 3 monthes. please help.
(my dr wants me on this to shrink my uterus and the endo i have. )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2008, 01:57 AM

It's quite normal, unfortunately. Most gyn's will tell their patients that for the first month or shot, you'll feel worse before you get any relief. Good news is that you most likely will feel better soon, once your ovaries shut down and your hormone output is regular.

Hang in there!
Unread 04-10-2008, 07:57 AM

First month is the worst. I took me till after the second injection to get any relief.

My Dr told me the first 10 days would be the worst. But as we all know every woman reacts different.

You found a great site to get answers! Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2008, 08:32 PM

Hello There!

My Doctor never told me I would feel worse the first week, month or anything to that effect. Only that I would get hot flashes and such. I had no problems at all with lupron. It saved me. For awhile at least. I am sorry you feel bad. Perhaps you can talk with your Doc about it. Maybe it may not be anything to do with the Lupron at all. Then again, you know your body. I hope you get to feeling better and real soon!! Hang in there.
Unread 04-11-2008, 10:32 AM
Red face - Lupron ............help??????? on lupron since April 9th

Hi, I just had an "exploratory laparotomy with ureteral stents, bilateral endometrioma removal and fulgeration of endo in the cul-de-sac" for "kissing ovaries" on March 4.

I just had my 1st lupron 3 days ago-not really noticing anything so far- but the 1st day I was more tired than normal. I'm just trying to "buy some time" until I get in a good relationship.

I'm trying to get back to work next week part time as my job is pretty strenous.

Hope this helps!
Unread 04-12-2008, 08:55 PM

Thank you for your responses. and thank you for letting me get out my frustrations about this. i guess i am just nervous about this whole process. now that i finally got my shot -- i feel the road has begun for me. i go again for my 2nd shot on May 1st and thats when i will have my surgery date. i guess i am more nervous than i thought.
Thanks again and i wish all of you luck in your future roads too.
Unread 04-18-2008, 05:33 PM
How are you doing??

Hi sooboo30,
How are things going?? I hope you are feeling better. I've been noticing some minor headaches and some fatigue- but I think that may be related to a return to work this week for a few hrs at a time. Anyways, I hope you are enjoying the summer-like weather!!!
Unread 04-18-2008, 07:54 PM

Hi
Things are definately different for me. I have headaches as well -- and yesterday they sent me home from work becuz i was in sooo much pain. 10 times what i am used to feeling and trust me thats A LOT!!!! today the pain was bearable so i went back to work. half way thru the day i wanted to be home again in the fetal position. i leave for vacation tomorrow morning with my family --and i am just praying i will be ok the next 6 days. cross your fingers for me please. my son is really looking forward to this and i would hate to disappoint him becuz mommy doesn't feel good --again.
also --0 i find myself getting really short tempered with my hubby. everything little bothers me the past couple days.
i am soo sorry i am venting right now -- but i guess i needed too.

i wish you all luck that are starting this shot too. i hope youhave better luck than i am right now. maybe after my 2nd shot in a couple weeks things will start to look up for me. i really am trying to stay positive about htis but it just really hard.

thanks for listening.
Unread 04-21-2008, 07:34 AM

sooboo-
I was also snappy at my hubby for about the first 3 weeks. At one point in time...I told him just to stop talking to me. Every word good or bad that came out of his mouth just made me mad...for no reason.

Your not alone..this is normal. Or as normal as you can be. I hope you do okay on your vaca!!
Unread 04-26-2008, 09:04 PM

Reyne

thank you so much for saying that. i thought i was i just being over dramatic. i am so glad to hear that i am not the only one. i am back from vaca and yes we did bicker at one another but all and all it was ok. my pain was ok and bearable for the week so thats good. i go for my second shot on thursday of this week. i have been having major night sweats. its awful. one minute i am sleeping soundly and the next i am whipping off the covers becuz i am sooooo hot. i have never slept to begin with but this just makes it even worse.
i so appreciate it everyonessupport on thissite. i am so glad that one of my friends that has already had a hyster told me about this. i really don't know where i would be right now without this site. sometimes i wonder though if i am just looking to far into what i have to expect. i also will have my date for my surgery on thursday. and that kinda freaksme out a little. i just feel like i am on the road and every now and then i am not sure i want to be on this road.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register