eating like a pig! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

eating like a pig! eating like a pig!

Unread 04-10-2008, 05:44 PM
eating like a pig!

Hello sisters,

I had my TAH on Feb 18th, with some complications- however I'm back to work, feeling pretty good BUT the problem is I'm eating like a pig these days. Is it normal? I'm worried about gaining weight but still tired after working fulltime to work out. Someone please tell me it will pass and I won't gain the weight everyone says I will.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2008, 05:50 PM
eating like a pig!

Feeling the same way!! I'm hoping this will pass when I go back to work. I worked so hard to lose weight last year... (almost 50 lbs w/WW) ...I sure don't want to gain it back! Although, I gained some weight over the holidays that I still need to lose. I can't gain anymore because I gave away all my "fat clothes!" I'll be following this thread; hopefully we'll get some positive responses Leebug!!
Unread 04-10-2008, 06:06 PM
eating like a pig!

Oh boy...you read my mind. I have been grazing lately like I did with PMS symptoms prior to my surgery. If I'm not eating, I'm thinking about it and planning my next meal.

I was so hoping I wouldn't have the ravenous cravings anymore. Maybe it's just a matter of time.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2008, 06:17 PM
eating like a pig!

OMG I LOVE YOU GIRLS I feel the same way, I also lost over 50 lbs last year and worked out every single day before my trip to the castle, but now I FEEL SOOOOO HUNGRY OMG I could eat and eat, and I fear so much that I will gain weight OMG. I also have the PMS as my period would have been here tomorrow or by SUnday, Glad to know I am not alone in this.

I know some ladies have said they had a little appeitite after, but NOT ME
Unread 04-10-2008, 08:32 PM
eating like a pig!

Yeah, I keep waiting for someone to put me out to pasture because all I do all day long is eat eat eat. At this point, I think it would be easier on my healing tummy if I just strapped a food bag around my head. The getting up and down out of the recliner 2,000 times a day to get more food is really tiring.

Oh, and I am sure that being totally depressed has nothing to do with my need to eat all day long....
Unread 04-10-2008, 09:18 PM
eating like a pig!

Hope I can help!
I ate like a crazy woman after my hyster. Couldn't get enough. I would be 'recouping' on the couch and scarfing chocolates (it was around Valentines Day) and eating the constant supply of food that hubby brought to me. I thought that I would be lighter after the hyster but I put on 5lbs in a couple of weeks.
Then..... About two months later, I noticed that as I was able to get around a bit better and took up the activities that I had done before my operation, not extreme exercising just daily chores, I started to become more 'normal' in the hunger department. I don't feel the need to eat as I did before and I'm not as ravenous as before. The 5lbs have gone, but I still have a tummy buldge. I do know that our calorie burning power will decrease after this operation. So I'm trying to be more aware of what's going in. Maybe just give it more time. Things seem to change quite dramatically in just a few weeks.
Unread 04-11-2008, 01:15 PM
eating like a pig!

Laura, why do you think that our calorie burning power will decrease just because we don't have our uterus and/or ovaries?? I think that's an old wives tale! I think as soon as we get active again, we'll (hopefully!) be able to lose any weight we may have gained.....
Unread 04-11-2008, 04:01 PM
eating like a pig!

Hi PostMenoHyst!
I was under the impression that our metabolisms will slow down a tad after menopause. I hear everyone complain that they've had a more difficult time loosing the 'gut'. I've also witnessed it in real life with my meno-friends and myself. I am quite active and the weight just doesn't seem to move the way that it used to. I workout 4x per week and have a dietician and the old tricks that used to work don't cut it.
Unread 04-11-2008, 04:42 PM
eating like a pig!

I think it's just an "age" thing... Our metabolism does slow down as we get older. Trust me, I understand that! I just don't think it's going to slow down more just because we had a hysterectomy. Unless we keep eating, like some of us have been during our recuperation, as a regular habit and don't get back to our normal exercise routine once we're able. I'm not a doctor, but I hope I'm right!
Unread 04-11-2008, 08:03 PM
eating like a pig!

Anne,
Yup, a slight detail that I failed to recognize...... phooey. I forgot that could be a big part of it! I see that you are in Florida. It's just becoming spring here. Are you able to get in a wonderful walk on the beach? Any pointers on loosing the last ten pounds? I'll be visiting your state in 2 weeks and can't imagine a bathing suit right now! Were you able to keep your ovaries?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register