eating like a pig! - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

eating like a pig! eating like a pig!

Unread 04-18-2008, 10:08 AM
eating like a pig!

Glad to hear that I am not the only one going through this. I am so tired of munching all day. I just started to ignore the cravings and decided to try my WW plan again. See if that will help. I am already overweight enough. Do not need to add to that issue. Poor hubby is trying to be understanding. He just lets me munch just because I am so cranky lately.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2008, 10:10 AM
eating like a pig!

Hi Shele,

I think you can be assured that you're not alone in this eating problem! I'm almost 7 weeks post now, and I'm going back to work tomorrow. I'm definitely getting back on my WW program. I'd lost alot of weight last year and got to lifetime status. I'd gained a little over the holidays, but in the last 7 weeks I've gained another 10!! I know it's because I was eating all the wrong stuff and it was out of control. Besides the not being able to exercise very much! But tomorrow... I'm taking control again. (I have to, most of my clothes are getting too tight! And I'd given away all the bigger ones.)

You're just a couple weeks out. Take it easy on yourself for now. When you're ready, get back to WW. (I'm a firm believer.) It'll get better, and you know that you have the skills to get back!

Anne
Unread 04-20-2008, 09:54 PM
eating like a pig!

Thank you. WW is definitely not working at this time. So I am just cutting my portions down. Find I am craving sugar massively. lol Used to be soups or cheese now it is chocolate, candy and anything else sweet. Even sweet lunch meat is wonderful. he he Brown sugar ham my fave right now. My goal is to stay below the 220 mark. I am at 215. My highest so far. Never been too small of a person anyway so I am being realistic. Once again thanks for the support.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2008, 06:26 PM
eating like a pig!

Hey Shele,
I know the sugar cravings! And I've never been that way. Well... not as bad as the last 6 weeks anyway. I went back to work today and did get back on my diet. And I've found that already, in only one day, I can feel the craving monster backing off. (It has to, all of my clothes are too tight and I refuse to buy bigger ones!) I think just getting back to work and normal life again will help. I walked tonite, and am going to start walking again for 25-30 min at lunch also. This week I have to take short lunches all week to make up for dentist appt tomorrow. Next week, I may even try to get back to Curves.... we'll see. Good luck to you, I'm sure you can do it!
Unread 04-22-2008, 06:04 AM
eating like a pig!

I'm also seriously craving chocolate all the time too. I was starting to think it was just me feeling sorry for myself and having a "pity party"

I start each day thinking I'm going to follow WW again but then by lunchtime I'm out of control. The last 2 days I haven't really been hungry at dinner time so I've been trying to eat light and listen to my body.

I am up about 3-4 pounds since my surgery but I have at least 20 pounds that I need to loose, so I'm not happy about it at all. I've started walking at least 2-3 times a day for 20 minutes, so hopefully that will help.
Unread 04-22-2008, 12:09 PM
eating like a pig!

So far no weight gain. Actually lost a couple pounds. But I am eating a lot of small meals instead of 3 big meals and several snacks in between. lol I find my stomach has shrunk due to not eating much while on pain pills. If there was any way they would let me take percocet for a diet plan I would absolutely do it. I lose so much weight on those things. I know they are addictive so I can't but I like the thought. So back to the old grind of actually walking and watching what I eat. Gonna have to jazz it up a bit to keep it from being boring. he he he

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register