Two weeks post-op and still in pain ~ is this normal? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Two weeks post-op and still in pain ~ is this normal? Two weeks post-op and still in pain ~ is this normal?

Unread 04-16-2008, 10:20 AM
Two weeks post-op and still in pain ~ is this normal?

You may be trying to do too much which is not alot. I was still in alot of pain during week 2. Mainly because I tried to do things like laundry, dishwasher load and empty, lifting stretching. I was not able to be active untill week 5. The pain was better and I was a little sore then but no severe pain. Week 2 you still have to take it very easy and remember at week 5 you will start feeling the beginings of getting back to normal. I am on week 6 and at work now. I came back Monday. I feel great : ) The only activity I do is walk and light chores, nothing strenuous. No lifting still.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2008, 10:59 AM

I am having a little more pain the last couple of days. I had a good day, over did it, and am now paying the price. I think we just have to take it slow and easy and let your body tell you what is too much. It seems from the posts I've read this is normal and while most of us are anxious to get going, we just have to give it time.
Hang in there!
Unread 04-17-2008, 01:14 AM

Mariahlove71, how are you doing? You started the thread, but I can't find you on here since...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2008, 07:19 AM

Hey there. There are lots of reasons folks don't want to stay on the narcotic pain meds, I guess.....Heres mine -
I am two and a half weeks out and have pain occasionally as well. My doctor flatly refused to give me more than four days worth of percoset, which is fine - I'm a recovering alcoholic (which I realize is a unique situation; by all means if you need the narcotic pain meds and have no problems with addiction, more power to you!) I have well over seven years of recovery, but will always be mindful of these things.
So, the point is: I've had to find alternate ways of dealing with pain. If you don't like taking rx pain meds......
I alternate Advil gel caps (very important - the gel part. They work so much faster) with extra-strength Tylenol. And an ice-pack, large-sized. I cannot over emphasise the importance of this dang ice-pack!
The pain is not constant - just burning and pulling sensations mostly. In the very beginning, I swear it felt like being in the very earliest stages of labor, or having extremely strong Braxton-Hicks contractions. Sometimes its still like the bad menstrual cramps most of us are so familiar with.
Also - its so true......don't let yourself become constipated! Its so much easier to prevent THAT nightmare than fix it! I think a lot of the pain might stem from the digestive system maybe?
Just my 2 cents
BEST of continued healing to each of you!
Unread 04-17-2008, 01:54 PM

kspricess, I kept doing the same thing. I started feeling good after week 1. I would wake up, no pain. I did too much, PAIN. Then I could not move for a day or two depending how much I over did. As little as doing laundry and putting away dishes was over doing it. It is the bending over and twisting and reaching that will get you. You have about another week and a half to do minimal physical. No lifting, that's what hurt me too. After week 4 you will start feeling more like you are getting back to normal and can do light activity or chores. I was out of work for 5 weeks. I am post op 6 weeks now, back to work and feeling so much better. The more you rest now the sooner you will get better.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register