Connections ? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Connections ? Connections ?

Unread 04-13-2008, 06:45 PM
Connections ?

i had the EXACT same surgery on the same day March 5th. and like you i am still waiting for the "OMG the best thign i ever did"
at the moment i am regretting my descision.at my 2 week check up he just kinda looked down there & gave me Premarin cream for healing. i go back the 24th i guess he will do a vaginal exam. i just hope it's healing & i will start feeling better.
my stay in the Hospital was Awful!! had some problems & didnt even catch a glimpse of a dr until about 36 hours after the surgery. and thats only beacuse i called him from the Hospital bed maybe we can look back on our Anniversary next year & say "Wow" i feel great it was all worth it!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2008, 06:58 PM
Connections ?

I have seen my dr every week since my surgery. I'm not 5 weeks postop. In fact, I saw her last Wednesday and now I see her tomorrow again. Last week she took about 10 stitches out. Tomorrow, she's doing a silver nitrate treatment. She said she would see me every day if she could. It's not often you get such a connection to a Navy doctor. I'm very happy with my care to date. I have a long way to go and am facing another surgery but as long as she's my doc I'm not concerned at all.
Unread 04-13-2008, 09:03 PM
Connections ?

DeniseS, That sounds great for you to be able to get cosmetic stuff done. My posterior repair was half needed and half cosmetic. After 3 kids, things are just not the same down there. Doc said things are now going to be snug down there. . I am so glad these type of surgeries are available to us. I'm hoping I will feel more confident and enjoy things in the bedroom. Have not been cleared yet and frankly am terrified. Hope things continue to inprove for you. best wishes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2008, 11:22 AM
Connections ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostMenoHyst
I had all the same things on 3/4/08. How are you feeling??

Hi Anne in Florida. I think I 'm doing pretty well so far, I still get tired very easy and still sore on the perineum site, some weird feeling that my bladder is falling for the last couple of days. Not sure what this is caused from, maybe just the healing process. Everything feels so diiferant since surgery..Parts were in the wrong spot for so long and now surgicaly put where they are sopposed to be. think it will take some getting used to. How about you, are you healing? Talk to ya soon.
Unread 04-14-2008, 01:54 PM
Connections ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwest35
Hi Anne in Florida. I think I 'm doing pretty well so far, I still get tired very easy and still sore on the perineum site, some weird feeling that my bladder is falling for the last couple of days. Not sure what this is caused from, maybe just the healing process. Everything feels so diiferant since surgery..Parts were in the wrong spot for so long and now surgicaly put where they are sopposed to be. think it will take some getting used to. How about you, are you healing? Talk to ya soon.
Hi Northwest 35, I also get exhausted extremely easily, still sore in the same area and still achy where (I think) my uterus used to be. My previous bladder problems seem to have been corrected. (I can even sneeze now without worrying! ) I sometimes feel kind of crampy though. Besides feeling tired though, my major problem is that I still seem to have diahrrea almost every morning. I'm really getting tired of it! I also have a weird discharge still. I've posted questions about it on here, but nobody has replied. Let me just say that I don't think it's vaginal, but almost all the time when I'm not suffering from diahrrea, I have this totally clear, no odor, but profuse, discharge. Enough so that I'm still wearing pads, and I don't mean just the panti-liner type. It's annoying, not to mention embarrassing! I'm guessing that maybe it's part of the healing of the A&P repair? If you, or anyone else has had this, please let me know! I see my doctor on Wed, and I'm (tentatively) scheduled to go back to work next Monday, but I'm really worried about it with the way I feel. In my job, there is no such thing as "part time" or "light duty." You're expected to be back 100% ready to do anything and everything. In my current position (they shuffle us around constantly.) I could be told that I'm being moved to a job where I'd be on my feet all day. Right now, I can only walk for about 25 minutes. I guess I'll tell the doc all these things Wed and see what he says.

If you work, when are you going back? I know that we all heal at different rates, and I also think that our age, unfortunately, makes a difference. Anyway, here's to all of us getting well soon!
Unread 04-14-2008, 02:55 PM
Connections ?

Hi Anne, I also have had diahrrea, not sure what it's from. I am still using stool softners so maybe thats it. I did'nt use them once and boy did I regret that. Did you have a problem with diahrrea before surgery or did it start after? I was diagonosed with IBS before surgery so I'm not sure what is going on. I make sure I know where the bathrooms are wherever I go. It's really annoying . Just wanted you to know your not alone with that problem. I also still have discharge but it's yellow and doc said thats the stitches dissolving. I just wear a panty liner. No I do not work outside the home. My DH and I made the choice that we wanted to raise our own children. I think it's a personal choice. We don't have alot of luxuries, but to me it is worth it. If your work can not give you light duty maybe you doctor can give you a note for more time off. I think it's worth it to heal correctly the first time. It would be bad to over do it and have to go back into surgery. Best of Luck to you
Unread 04-14-2008, 03:56 PM
Connections ?

Hi NW, I haven't used the stool softeners since the diahrrea hit. No problem before surgery (no bowel problem, just bladder!) I don't think it's IBS, although someone else said it could be that.

My kids are adults now. In fact my daughter will turn 28 on Sunday. (Son turns 30 this summer.) But I know what you mean about raising your own kids. We did that also, when we could. Occasionally, I had to go to work for a while (when the bills got overwhelming) but when I did, we worked opposite shifts to avoid needing babysitters. I do believe that raising our kids is the most important job we'll ever have. It's a good decision.

So I do work full time. But that having to run to the bathroom without much notice is definitely going to be a problem! Plus, my ride to work (and home) is an hour-n-fifteen minutes each way which will also be a problem. I'm really looking forward to seeing my doctor on Wed. I have a list of questions to ask him!
Unread 04-14-2008, 04:46 PM
Connections ?

I too plan to work when my kids have left the nest. It is the worst feeling when you really need to go and your far from home. I sympathize with you. Not to mention embarrassing a growm person not being able to hold a bm.
Let me know if your doctor gives you a suggestion. I have had several doctors precribe differant medication, but the problem is never resolved. If it's to personal to write about on an open thread feel free to send me a private message. Keep me posted. Have a relaxing evening.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register