who else is 4 months out? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

who else is 4 months out? who else is 4 months out?

Unread 04-14-2008, 06:48 PM
who else is 4 months out?

I am about 4 months out from my last surgery and feel alot better physically. No more back pain and thigh pain and I have lost 5 pounds. I have have some minperiods since i kept my ovaries and cervix , but it is only a few days of spotting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2008, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikkiv
Other than that I'm doing great! Until my hormones balance out...I guess I will be a baldheaded, acne proned, over sexed woman!! LOL
Hi Mikkiv,

I was wondering - are you on HRT or are you waiting for your own hormones to come into balance? I'm a doctor ordered no HRT person.

MMM
Unread 04-14-2008, 10:25 PM

Hi everyone,
I am also 4 months out. Time does fly! Sometimes I have numbness in my right upper thigh/hip area and the in the incision. I have my good days and my bad days with the psychical and emotional issues. Having to have this done because of cancer sometimes makes me sad.

I call the hysterectomy my “cancer clean up surgery.” I was diagnosed two years ago with breast cancer. I was Estrogen/Progesterone positive; my body made too much of both and fed off of itself. The chemo put me in “Chemo pause” but the periods came back and they were vicious! I have had past gyno issues before and though if cancer were to happen, it would be in the repo area. I actually went in to talk about having the Novasure procedure done, but my oncologist said the only option was to have a hysterectomy. I thought they would take just the ovaries out. Nope, they took everything! The oncologist didn’t want to take a chance with my body producing Estrogen/Progesterone again.

I am able to lift some heavier things, but if it is too much I feel it. I am back to playing tennis, but I am I very drained the next day! Even two hours is a bit much.

I know every woman and every body is different, but how long does it take your body’s hormones to level out? How about the sex drive, does it level out or bounce like a ball?

Take care of yourselves girls!
miss martini

Breast cancer diagnosis 3.7.06, surgery 3.16.07. Chemo and radiation. TAH 12.04.07
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2008, 12:22 PM

wacked out hormones, severe back aches, acne, thinning hair, and weight gain... five months out. I have got to make an appt. w/ my dr. soon! I just dread going back to him. He's quick and nothings a big deal - even my incision that was infected for several weeks and didn't heal for almost 4 months.
I guess it's time to talk to him (or a different doc) about HRT. Does that help with the fatigue and just plain lack of energy? I did keep both ovaries, but that's it.
I just want to feel like my old self --- but without the heavy periods.
Unread 04-15-2008, 01:25 PM

No I am not on HRT...I am trying to wait until my hormones balance out! I just started taking Vitamins B6 & 12....I'm told that will help as well with the hair issue! HRT will be my absolute last result!! I will keep you posted!

Stay Positive! )
Unread 04-15-2008, 03:39 PM

Tammy:
Part of the fatigue is probably from the fact that we do not sleep well when dealing with menopause, either naturally or surgically. I had some real issues with sleep problems, nervousness and general malais when I went thru menopause a few years back... Hopefully I will not go thru that again this time.. But check it out... you should be able to feel better.
Unread 04-15-2008, 04:18 PM

shga ~

If your current doc doesn't give enough time for your concerns, I'd get a new one. It may not be a big deal to him because it's not HIS body, and yeah he sees tons of patients a day. BUT, it IS a big deal to and DESERVES to be heard and treated. Even if it is "normal", it's not "normal" for you and you'd like to know what to do about it. And besides, an infected incision for that long??????? That doesn't sound the least bit normal to me!
Unread 04-15-2008, 06:57 PM

Hi. Thanks Patti and Supportneeded. I should clarify -- my incision was infected for several weeks, but took almost four months to close. I had a couple other docs look at it while I was out of town at 5 weeks
post-op, they couldn't believe the mess I had. Was on antibiotics from Nov.8th thru mid-January. I kept hearing "patience, my dear"

I am afraid I may need the HRT. Sleepless nights are common. I do take something nightly 2mg. Lunesta, am afraid of becoming dependent.

Thanks for the support.
Unread 04-17-2008, 07:17 PM

Okay, I'm ready (sort of) for the RID THE PRINCESS OF THE POUCH CLUB!! Where do I sign-up??

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattieO
My doc told me that I would probably have the pouch forever... I am intending to prove him wrong... We need to get and anti-pouch club going and talk about what we do to reduce it...
Unread 04-17-2008, 10:24 PM

I am also a little over 4 months post-op & feeing great! For the most part, I don't even think about it (TLH) any more ... it's so nice not having wicked monthly periods & spotting everyday of the month! However, I have noted I have been having extended "cyclic" monthly breast pain, lasting up to 2-3 weeks at a time. Before my surgery, the breast discomfort would occur right before the onset my period & last a couple days ... it never lasted more several days. I recently had my annual mammogram (& a breast ultrasound) & it was normal. Perhaps it's just a coincidence that the monthly breast pain is worse & extended since I had my surgery ... I am 43 (with both ovaries), so perhaps it's the onset of perimenopause?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register