who else is 4 months out? - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

who else is 4 months out? who else is 4 months out?

Unread 04-24-2008, 10:14 AM
who else is 4 months out?

Hi everyone,

I'm in 4 months out. I keep my overies. I think there going hey wire though. I have been braking out like I used to before that monthly. My mood swings are out there. They seem to be the same or if not a little worse then before. I'm having trouble dealing with stress. I never handled it to well before. Anyways I get sharp pains in my belly once in a while. In the different area's that was mentioned. I think it's a healing thing. Other then that I'm glad I don't have that monthly anymore. Also sex has been great when I'm not so run down from working and running my kids around.
I also notice that my belly is bigger then before I had the surgery. Been told that sometimes it will take a yr before the swelling goes down. I'm on my feet 10hr a day almost. So that could have a small part to do with the swelly belly. But, I would really like to fit into my summer clothes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2008, 10:24 AM

It is definitely due to the surgery. Your body is still in recovery mode! I am now 5 months out and I am still dealing with early exhaustion. My friends even tease me because I don't have the energy to hangout with them during the week like I use to! ) But it will get better I am told.
Stay positive....this too shall pass!
Unread 04-24-2008, 11:58 AM

I feel better than ever after 4 months. The time has really gone fast. No pain or any problems. I work 10-12 hours a day and bowl once a week. The bowling really helps the stomach muscles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2008, 12:25 PM

I'm almost 4 mos PO. I don't by any means miss the monthly bleeding and cramping. I still haven't thrown the "Good Bye Uterus Party" as I still get tired and achey at the end of the day. I have been having bladder issues for over 2 weeks now. Have been to doctor 4 times in 2 weeks. (I thought I was through with that part) But , I have to make sure I get completely well from UTI.
I actually had about 2 weeks where I felt really good, almost like myself, then I got the UTI. At least I know I can feel great again. Hopefully soon!!
I do also get the monthly sore breasts. I asked dr about is, he said it is normal. I can't wait for this darn "swelly belly" to go away. I notice the more I'm on my feet, the bigger and more sore it is.
Well it looks like there may actually be light at the end of the tunnel for all of us PMS sufferers.

Thank God!!! I just want to put this chapter of my life behind me and feel good again!!!!! 40 is the new 30!!!! At least I hope!

Hope everyone continues to heal quickly!!
Unread 04-24-2008, 06:37 PM

I'm glad to hear someone else mention sore breasts.......I wasn't expecting that, but it does seem "cyclical" (sp?!).

As for energy levels, even though I'm worn a lot just from normal stress of teaching jr high, I actually much more energy overall than I have in a LOOOONG time! I can only attribute that to the surgery! Praise the Lord! I almost feel like a young woman again.........it's actually fun to go shopping now cuz I'm not constantly worried about having accidents, being chronically tired, etc.

But one thing I've noticed from reading all these responses is that we all heal at different rates and in our own ways. There are still days my tummy just hurts, like today....but again, NOTHING like before the surgery! I have absolutely no regrets!
Unread 04-25-2008, 06:23 AM

Oh, good to hear someone else is having the little twinges in the belly. I can't relate them to anything in particular, either. A friend of mine who had a c-section said she'd had the same thing for 6 months to a year, so I think it's a surgery thing in general, and not just post-hysterectomy.

I've noticed something I haven't read anywhere: Before surgery, my BMs were regular--once a day. Now, they're more like every two days, and not always comfortable. Two women I've talked to who had hysterectomies years ago have had colon cancer recently. Longer "residence times" --how long from when you eat until when you poop--are associated with increased risk (I think; that's why you need your fiber). So I've begun taking one citrucel tablet a day. I'm back to once a day regularity, and feel better. So my question is, has anyone any information on this, and can I safely take citrucel long term with no ill effect? Forgot to ask my doc last time I was in, but will do and report.
StellaG
TAH, Jan 25, 2008
Unread 04-25-2008, 05:06 PM

Hi everyone..
I'm over 3 months out...and not happy with the swelly belly...I've had some bladder incontinence problems I'm concerned about. Seems like more at night while I'm trying to get to sleep (overactive bladder). The other night when I was out walking I felt that urgency feeling again. Did anyone else experience this and could it be related to the surgery. I had LAVH and kept my ovaries...I also get some abdominal pains now and then. I'm not sure what is normal and when I should go back to see the doctor.
Nannabear
TAVH 01-22-08
Unread 04-27-2008, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgainec
I have a question for you ladies - my job is event oriented and I have a big one coming up the next 2 weekends. Basically I end up working 3 or 4 weeks in a row, some days are 12 hours, a few are 4 hour days. This past week I've been working 8 hour days (under stress) and I am just exhausted. I don't know how I'm going to get thru the 3 12 to 14 hour days coming up this weekend. Is it just that I'm "old" or is the exhaustion still due to the surgery and recovery? The past 2 nights after work I was home for an hour or so and went to bed. I hope I can do this - thanks - Mariah
I am in a very demanding event oriented position as well. We have over 175 events a year of which at least 150 I coordinate. It was exhausting before the surgery but now it kills me at times.

Luckily, I have a supportive team that I can rely on for things I just cannot handle...mainly heavy lifting. But sometimes, I feel like a burden or something is not being down quickly enough or to my liking and I overdo it.

After having 3 events this week alone, I actually had a setback Thursday into this weekend. I even had to break out my pain meds.

Please just let your team know that even though it has been a while since surgery that you intend to heal right and listen to your body when it says to slow down.
Unread 04-27-2008, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannabear
Hi everyone..
I'm over 3 months out...and not happy with the swelly belly...I've had some bladder incontinence problems I'm concerned about. Seems like more at night while I'm trying to get to sleep (overactive bladder). The other night when I was out walking I felt that urgency feeling again. Did anyone else experience this and could it be related to the surgery. I had LAVH and kept my ovaries...I also get some abdominal pains now and then. I'm not sure what is normal and when I should go back to see the doctor.
Nannabear
TAVH 01-22-08
I had the same thing recently. Urination urgency and going several times a night. I also developed pain and discomfort. I went to the doc and I have a bladder infection. I have not asked if they are related but I am sure my doc would say no anyway.

I think you should get a urine culture done to rule out infection.
Unread 04-28-2008, 12:31 AM

I am almost 4 months out and also feeling great. No more low blood and can I ever feel a difference in my energy level.

I too still have a swelly belly but it is getting better especially now that I am working out as I did gain about 8 lbs.

Only one negative.....my O's are not quite as intense like a little piece of them missing but I have noticed that they are slowly getting better and better so I am crossing my fingers that they are back to normal soon.

Yes, no more PMS.....I wish I would have done this a long time ago.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register