Anyone still have issues | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone still have issues Anyone still have issues

Unread 04-13-2008, 01:26 AM
Anyone still have issues

Any of you ladies still have issues after 2 years as far as crying, losing it, and just feeling so tired and still having night sweats and hot flashes? Please advise. [size=3][color=Indigo]

Melanie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2008, 11:50 AM
Hi Melanie

I am absolutely sorry to hear you are still going through/putting up with this after 2 years. You seem to hear that it will get better and alot of ladies feel better, get their energy back after 6 months, sometimes a year then its ok... well I never felt quite right afterwards. I was not put on hormones even though my levels were low. They were borderline. I was exhausted all the time. I hit my lowest point in life when my stored estrogen finally ran out after 3 years. Then I hit rock bottom. I cried everyday. I had back pain everyday. I lost my sleep totally and got very very depressed. I was put on anti dep and anti anx. pills and was told I was nervous. Well I knew it was something else. I kept persisting with the hormone issues with 5 doctors and only 1 agreed it was hormonal but he went about things all wrong. I put myself on nat. prog. cream and it helped alot of the symptoms. I then just recently added 17 Beta estradiol gel, and also using a portion of a transdermal estrogen patch and am doing better. sometimes the estrogen gets to be a little too much but I will work it out.( I self prescribed-- not highly recommended to do unless you are sure of your health issues. After 5 doctors, I was. I think some women's bodies are different also, each has a diff. chemical makeup. I know some ladies who had a hyst, kept ovaries and were able to continue to work full time and didn't have menopausal symtoms. I just don't freakin get that. I reallly dont. That hyster really through me the loop. It nearly made me very sick. I am better now and don't take meds anymore. I took myself off those and the hormones are the answer but I am still tweaking them. Stress affects them. I noticed after the hyst I can't handle alot of physical or mental stress. Thats new for me. Its not my imagination either.I think my hyst affected me adversely. I hope it gets better yet , its been hard to learn to "manually tune" your own hormones when your body used to do it for you ! If you want to talk further, PM me.Are you on hormones now? If not maybe you should consider giving your dr. a call. Best wishes.
Unread 04-13-2008, 12:51 PM
Anyone still have issues

Yes Melanie,
I can say that I have had a fatigue that has never gone away since I have had my hyst. Its like my adrenals can't cope with making all the sex hormones as well as giving me normal energy to cope with everyday life. I have had my thryoid checked and its normal. my blood sugar is normal. everything but hormone levels. I have maybe one to two days a week that I feel pretty good and do alot then the rest of the days I'm like dragging. Its up and down like that all the time. Estrogen helps the energy a little bit. Its just been something since my hyst. Its gotten a little better yes but I still have a ways to go yet compared to some other ladies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2008, 08:45 AM
Anyone still have issues

Badger - actually symptoms didn't begin for me until it had been almost a year - then my reserves were depleted and what I had been placed on was not enough. So the journey through the jungle began. And it is a changing scenario. Most of the time, I'm pretty balanced. But it seems like all it takes is a cold or stress or a change in my routine to set off another round of symptoms. So to answer your question . . . yes.

Are you on any hormone replacement therapy? Have you tried any natural remedies? Do you a see doctor regularly and what does he tell you?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register