Vascular uterus: does anyone else have this or heard of this? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vascular uterus: does anyone else have this or heard of this? Vascular uterus: does anyone else have this or heard of this?

Unread 04-13-2008, 03:11 AM
Vascular uterus: does anyone else have this or heard of this?

Hi everyone,
I had my LAVH/BSO on April 1, 2008. I was bleeding very heavily during my surgery and my gyn/surgeon told me that it was because my uterus was very vascular. What made me get my hysterectomy is that I was bleeding to the point of hermmorhaging. I don't think that she knew it was due to a vascular uterus because it seemed to me that she did not realize this until the actual surgery.

Has anyone else been told they had this or has anyone else heard of this before? When she told me this, it was first time that I had heard of it.

Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2008, 03:50 AM

good morning hope50...
i have a sis-in-law thats a nurse so I asked her cause I ahd never heard of it either this is what she said..

all uterus' are vascular -- it just means it has adequate blood flow - if you have a highly vascular uterus - it will bleed easily..

hope this makes since....have a GREAT day
Unread 04-13-2008, 09:18 AM

I had this same thing only mine was diagnosed before surgery. That is also one reason I had my hyster. My cervix and my uterus had become very vascularized due to chronis unresolvable cervicitis. I bled alot during surgery also.

Starbgirl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2008, 10:43 AM

Thank you to both of you for helping me with this. Starbgirl, you said that yours was due to chronic unresolvable cervicitis. What is that? My cervix always looked red and during my annual pap smears and pelvic checks, I would always remind the gyn to be "gentle" because it hurt a lot when it was touched. I remember them gyns every year telling me that my cervix looked "red/angry". My paps always came out normal. Could this have been "cervicitis"?
Thanks a bunch!
Hope50
Unread 04-13-2008, 11:27 AM

It sounds like it. My gyn always told me the same thing. I *think* mine started when I gave birth to my son almost 14 yrs ago. I had a bad infection right after that. Since then my cervix was always messed up and it hurt also. I was aware of it most of the time and frankly you should never be aware of your cervix during day to day activities. Maybe 6-8 times a year I would get these horrible infections for no reason. That would make it worse and bleed. After a while it became vascularized and it would weep blood all the time which resulted in the old brown blood every day of the year - never stopping. Ugh. So first I had the freezing surgery because my Dr thought maybe burning off the old layers of tissue and starting with new would resolve it, but it just did the same thing so out the whole mess came!!

Starbgirl
Unread 04-13-2008, 01:05 PM

Wow, I didn't know that the cervix could get that bad. Luckily, I didn't get pain or bleeding from my cervix area, but it must have been awful for you. Thank goodness you won't have to deal with that problem anymore. Did they tell you that the vascular cervix is what lead to your uterus becoming very vascular? My gyn is not clear as to what may have led to mine, so I'm just wondering.

Hope50
Unread 04-13-2008, 01:18 PM

Yes - tha's what he showed me. Early on only my cervix was vascularized. He could see it on ultrasound. But later he would show me on the ultrasound how in patches it was progressing through my uterus.

Starbgirl
Unread 04-13-2008, 01:22 PM

Oh wow... that is information that helps me understand why possibly by uterus had these problems. Thanks for clarifying all for me. It really helps!!

Hope50
Unread 04-13-2008, 03:46 PM

Wow! Thanks for that information. I never knew this stuff before either!
It's amazing what we can share and learn on this site! I love it!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register