Humor is the best medicine | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Humor is the best medicine Humor is the best medicine

Unread 04-13-2008, 09:58 AM
Humor is the best medicine

For those of us who are not missing our uterus, I thought I'd let out my "inner comedian" and share with you a couple of funny thoughts about having a hyst. Note that this is not for those who do not appreciate crude humor!

1)
Newspaper Ad: "New Property on the market--prime real estate!---this is a must see!" A uterus recently vacated a "lot" in lizziebennet's insides. The "lot" is spacious and is in a desirable neighborhood. Only serious offers will be considered.
--Response 1: Hi! I'm the bladder and am very interested in the property. I used to have the uterus blocking my view of the rectum, but now I have to look at it's ugly mug all day long! It's making me really "honkerblonky." If you accept my offer, I promise not to spasm anymore.
--Response 2: Yo! I'm the rectum and am also very interested in the property. I've got a lot of "**" and need more space. If you accept MY offer, I promise to make you regular again. P.S. Like you're a beauty queen, bladder!

2)
Ebay Ad: Gently used 40-year old uterus for sale. Carried two healthy babies and is considered quite large--perfect for twins. A few cysts from adenomyosis, but they are barely noticable. Free shipping.

I hope I haven't offended anybody, but these two humorous thoughts have been floating around in my head for a couple of weeks, and I just had to share!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2008, 10:12 AM
You are one funny lady!!

Silly girl -- what a sense of humor! I love it!!

Got any more?
Unread 04-13-2008, 10:14 AM

I think it's funny! And VERY creative!

Cat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2008, 11:14 AM

Well done - Laughter IS the best medicine - hope this means your recovery is going great!!

Have you ever considered being a comic writer like Erma Bombeck??
Unread 04-13-2008, 11:46 AM

I actually told my OB that if my uterus or ovaries bore any resemblance to Elvis or the Virgin Mary, I wanted them to sell on E-Bay.

She told me "Not if I get to them first".
Unread 04-13-2008, 11:49 AM

Hilarious, catattitude (which, BTW, I have much of too! Meow!). So glad some sisters are appreciating my warped sense of humor!
Unread 04-13-2008, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catattitude
I actually told my OB that if my uterus or ovaries bore any resemblance to Elvis or the Virgin Mary, I wanted them to sell on E-Bay.

She told me "Not if I get to them first".
This is great!

Cat
Unread 04-13-2008, 12:40 PM

Hilarious, I'm so glad I'm not the only twisted sister on here, DH and I have been cracking jokes since before the surgery. We do it carefully and typically not around other people, sensing they would just not get it at all !

Thanks for this thread.
Unread 04-13-2008, 04:05 PM

Lisa,

What funny tidbits do you have to add?! Would love to hear them.

Becca
Unread 04-13-2008, 09:05 PM

It's mostly our own personal humor with each other. We tease each other a lot about getting old and soft etc etc. DH is the most patient considerate person I know, so our humor tends towards the opposite end of the spectrum. An innocent listener would think we are being totally disgusting or completely disrespectful to each other when really the opposite is true.

At the hospital, we enjoyed gallows humor like when talking to the surgeon; "please don't leave any tools behind, I'll be checking" or "do I get a choice of boy or girl, for my gift with purchase?" or DH asked surgeon when I would be good for something again? the morning I went in for the surgery the nurse who was putting in my IV needle hit a very juicy vein and blood literally spurted everywhere and soaked the sheet. DH and I both thought this was hilarious even though the nurse did not. It was like a skit from some late night comedy show.

I found giggling all the way through very helpful I must say.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register