5 weeks post op fron TAH, the pain is back, do cysts come back after hyster?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Separate Surgeries

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 weeks post op fron TAH, the pain is back, do cysts come back after hyster?? 5 weeks post op fron TAH, the pain is back, do cysts come back after hyster??

Unread 04-13-2008, 01:36 PM
5 weeks post op fron TAH, the pain is back, do cysts come back after hyster??

I am 5.5 weeks post op( Mar 4) I noticed 2 days ago I had tender breasts, Yesterday I hurt again with that ache in my back & legs. I thought I was finished with this pain?? I was just starting to feel better, and now I am back to bed hoping this ends soon. Does anyone know if after a TAH if it is possible for cysts to re-occur.

This is that menstral ache I used to get....grrrr. Any suggestions ladies? Please help

Shirley
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2008, 02:25 PM

Do you still have your ovarys if so the cysts can come back.
Unread 04-13-2008, 02:30 PM

If you still have your ovaries, you can still have cysts. I recently found out that I have a fluid pocket that needs to be drained. My symptoms are lower back pain, pain on my right side and even leg aches. My doctor had a CT scan ordered and found that I have a fluid pocket on my right side. Tomorrow I have to have out-patient surgery to have a drainage catheter put in that will stay in for a couple of weeks.

Anyway, the pain felt exactly like when I had my cysts.

TAH, Left overy removed, extreme endo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2008, 11:07 PM

I do still have my ovaries, and the pain is back already, when I had my surgery I had a tube out of my stomach for a week post op. When I asked the dr. he quickly answered no like he did not listen to the question. I knew I could get a straight answer here. This pain is exactly like when I had the cyst. Thanks for the help ladies
Unread 04-14-2008, 01:12 PM

Took me almost three months of pain before the dr would listen to me I am a true beleiver now about the squeaky wheel I just wish we did not have to go through all this for a dr to pay attention to our problems. The dr wanted to do a wait and see approach with me said the cyst would go away I squeaked louder until he agreed to go in look and take out the remaining ovary. When he went in he saw what could not be seen on the ultrasound! my poor little ovary had a cyst 4cm and all wrapped up in scar tissue. He has pictures for me when I go for my postop cant wait to see them. So do what you need to do to resolve your issues and dont let anyone tell you it is in your head.
Unread 04-14-2008, 02:50 PM

Now my question is, what do they do to fix it?? Is it surgery & if so what kind of surgery??
Unread 04-14-2008, 05:05 PM

That depends on you and your Dr I had my ovary removed they can wait some people go on BC to shrink it some have the cyst removed not the ovary lots of options
Unread 04-14-2008, 06:24 PM

Six weeks postop was about the time I began to notice the same familiar left-sided pain. I kept telling myself it was all normal recovery, it would get better, I was just imagining things, and basically denying that anything like a cyst could be happening so soon. What you are feeling may just be postop recovery, but my advice to you would be if it continues past 8 weeks or gets severe, call your doctor and let he/she figure it out. I never listened to any of the hystersisters who told me to call the doctor -- I was too afraid of looking like a complete idiot coming in complaining of pain so soon after surgery. Yes, I was an idiot, but only because I didn't listen to the other hystersisters. By the time I finally did go see my doctor at 4 months postop, I had 4 ovarian cysts involving both ovaries. I chose not to have surgery right away (it would have been my third one in 10 months), and to try the wait-and-see approach. I actually am trying the BCPs to see if they will shrink, but I kind of have my doubts. Now 6 weeks later, I will have another ultrasound this week to see if anything has changed.

Please, please, please take it from someone who learned the lesson the hard way. It was not worth waiting several months to avoid my fear of embarrassment (not to mention my doctor was nothing but kind and concerned when I did finally see him and never doubted something could be going on in there). Good luck to you! I hope that your pain will resolve soon and you won't have to worry about a cyst.
Unread 04-14-2008, 06:39 PM

This pain is not recovery or injury related. I know that for a fact. This is exactly what I was feeling before the surgery. The throbbing and aching in my back and legs....I am very persistant. That is what got me into surgery as fast as I got there. I take your word for it
Unread 04-14-2008, 07:45 PM

Quote:
This pain is not recovery or injury related. I know that for a fact. This is exactly what I was feeling before the surgery.
Yes, I completely understand. Deep down, I think I always knew it wasn't recovery pain in my case either, I just didn't want to admit it. I'm glad that you recognize that it isn't recovery and are willing to do something about it! And, good for you for being persistent! You are smart not to go on suffering in pain. I hope you are able to get through to your doctor! Good luck! Keep up your persistence!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register