High Grade Cervical Dysplasia - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

High Grade Cervical Dysplasia High Grade Cervical Dysplasia

Unread 08-03-2001, 10:04 PM
lavh on August 21, 2001

I have severe Dysplasia (high grade Dysplasia) I had a Colposcopy done in my Dr's office and he said it was very bad sent me to the hospital for a LEEP on 6/29/01 he removed a large portion of my cervix but the lab came back still Severe Dysplasia. my lab says Severe Dysplasia, Cin III, Extending to endocervical margin. What ever that means .. My Doctor says he could only take so much of my cervix next time.. and its so deep he wouldnt be able to do it with a leep . I decided since I do not plan to have any more children I dont need this part of my body anymore my original date was August 28 but I got them to reschedule . Still 18 days away. My pcp says Dysplasia is Cancer...my lab report says benign so that means its not cancer doesnt it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-04-2001, 12:09 AM
High Grade Cervical Dysplasia

I would agree that getting a second opinion is a good idea. I am much older than you; however, I was diagnosed with severe dysplasia at years of annual paps! I had a LEEP and then a cone biopsy...and then continuous abnormal paps. So I just wanted to get anything related to cancer OUT of my body. I had lost a mom to colon cancer and didn't want to put my family through that.

However, after I opted for the hysterectomy, I started noticing that other women had the same condition and did not run out and get it all taken out! Ha!

I may have made the same decision but I do regret not getting a second opinion...or a third...before having the surgery. That way I would have known that I had made the right decision.

Frankly, I felt that when my doctor said that I didn't need the stuff anymore since I was over 40, he was right. Actually, I was just tired of being poked and prodded! I now know that my organs were placed there for a reason.

You will have to find your own answers but I would encourage you to use this site throughout the process. I discovered it far too late and the comfort it brings me is enormous. The educational value is unbeatable...and the support you will receive along the way wil be invaluable!

Best of luck to you in your quest! I will remember you in my prayers.
Unread 08-04-2001, 12:55 AM

SHARONH - you asked what dysplasia is..... severe dysplasia is a high grade abnormality. sometimes called CIN3 or carcinoma in situ. As far as I know it is still in the PRE cancerous stage but does require treatment ( cone/hyster ) and careful follow up care. You take care x x x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-07-2001, 06:02 PM
Finally a good report

I had a cone biopsy in 1/00 for moderate dysplasia and another cone biopsy in 3/01 for CIN3, high dysplasia. A hyster was one of my choices. I chose the cone one more time.

I am happy to say in my quarterly check up today, I have what appears to be a perfectly normal cervix...without offcourse the tissue removed. I will have another PAP in 4 months and if that is normal...begin with PAPs every 6 months.

I'm glad I made the choice I did for now. I don't know what the future might hold...but I am delighted with the good report today.

Hang in there! Ask lots of questions and pray for answers. The ladies in this forum are a God send!

God Bless,
Unread 08-07-2001, 06:15 PM

Hi, Linda!

Congratulations on a good report! Keep up the good work!

Unread 08-07-2001, 06:15 PM

Thank you all for clearing up the pre-cancer/dysplasia. I battled with this for the last 10 yrs. I am 36 and 8 weeks post-op. I finally feel relieved and without anymore pain. I too suffered from CIN3, large fibroids and heavy periods. I had 2 colposcopys, and 2 lasers. Way too much scar tissue. However, I have 4 beautiful children, and I am glad I waited and searched for a second opinion on my last bout of heavy bleeding (fibroids) and another abnormal pap. (dysplasia). I really feel thankful for the result of path I chose. Best of luck and all my prayers to you who are suffering and still wondering.
Thanks Again
Unread 08-15-2001, 03:13 PM
Update

Well, after weeks of research and lots of talking to ladies in my community and my family, I have decided to go ahead with the TVH. I have two beautiful kids and my husband and I do not want any more. I go under this Monday, August 20th and I'm still a little nervous. But I fell better now about my decision.

Thanks to all you wonderful ladies for your posts. I'll let you all know how I make out.
Unread 08-15-2001, 04:20 PM

I am so glad to hear that you talked to many people and have discussed this with dh to come to a decision. That is great!! It is more than normal to be nervous, even though you made your own decision. We were all a bit nervous before our surgeries. Just remember that we are all here and if you have any questions at all...just ask!
Unread 08-15-2001, 06:23 PM

Hi, Birdie!

I'm glad you took your time and have found a decision you are comfortable with. Good luck with your surgery, and let us know how you are doing!

Unread 08-16-2001, 12:07 AM

Hi Shae ,thanks for letting us know about your decision. We wish you well and all of us here , will hold you close to our hearts on Monday. Hope everything goes smoothly for you , love as always to you x x

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register