Anyone currently using Evamist? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone currently using Evamist? Anyone currently using Evamist?

Unread 04-14-2008, 05:56 PM
Anyone currently using Evamist?

It's been almost a year since my hyst. I started out using the Vivelle Dot 0.1 immediately after surgery, but had to stop using it after 5 months due to the fact that I had major sensitivity to the adhesive. My dr. switched me to Premarin and I have used it for the past 8 months with almost no problems. At my Dr's appt today I told her I was interested in switching over to a plant based form of estradiol and she gave me a few suggestions, one of which was Evamist. I agreed to try it and she gave me a free sample. I really hope this works as well for me as the Vivelle patch did since I am eager to get away from taking oral HRT.
I wanted to find someone that currently uses or has previously used Evamist and find out if you like/dislike it and why? If I understand correctly this is a relatively new HRT option, so any information and opinions are highly welcome!
Thanks so much!
Dawn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2008, 03:43 PM

This is a very new product so there won't be much here about it yet. But someone did post about this yesterday https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...d.php?t=332292
While I don't know much about this new product, it sounds to me like it is a very low dose and may not be enough estrogen for those of us in surgical menopause, or you may have to use lots and lots of sprays per day. If you want to stay away from oral ert, you could ask your doctor about Estrogel. It is a gel that is rubbed into your skin. Or maybe you would do okay with one of the other patches. You could ask your doctor for samples so you could try them out. You can read more about your options for ert in the articles at www.hormonejungle.com

Unread 04-19-2008, 12:07 PM

Hi,

I am on Evamist, have been for almost 2 weeks now. I am currently using 2 sprays a day. I was on premarin .625 right after I had my TAH in Feb of 2008. But, it wasn't working for me, so my doctor put me on this new drug. It is a brand new HRT that has just recently hit the market.

I have this website that has alot of info on this medication.

http://www.evamist.info/patients_landing.aspx

I have not had any problems so far, and actually feel pretty good.

i hope this helps you some,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2008, 09:26 PM

I tried it and it was not enough for me. I am 38 and previously used Vivelle Dot .075. I think I made it a whole 36 hours on the Evamist and I had to slap a patch on. It did not seem like I absorbed it at all. Who knows though, everyone is different.
-Best of Luck, Vicki
Unread 04-23-2008, 07:51 AM

Thanks everyone for responding. I've been on the Evamist for a full week now and after the first 3 days had to go from 1 spray to 2. I actually feel pretty good except for the the fact that I seem to be having more mild hot flashes than I did on the premarin. I'm going to stick it out on the two sprays for a couple more weeks until my next dr's appt and then talk to her about how I'm feeling. I think 3 sprays would probably work for me, but I have yet to fill my prescription so I have no idea of the cost to me after insurance. Refilling every 18 days could be pretty costly....
Thanks once again...I really appreciate all of you taking the time to respond

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register