5 days out - TVH, A&P repair, left salpingo-oophorectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 days out - TVH, A&P repair, left salpingo-oophorectomy 5 days out - TVH, A&P repair, left salpingo-oophorectomy

Unread 04-14-2008, 07:42 PM
5 days out - TVH, A&P repair, left salpingo-oophorectomy

New to this site.... just have to say that you guys are a life saver! I've felt very alone up until now.

Everything went well, except that I was not fully made aware of the fact that it is very common to need a foley catheter for several days after this type of surgery and I was not happy about it. I expected that I might need it for a day or two, maybe even three... but not this far out. I was an absolute wreck when they sent me home with it... and I mean a WRECK! I cried for like an hour straight. I return to my GYN tomorrow morning to take Foley out for the third time to see if I can pee... I'm scared out of my mind. This thing is like a ball and chain! I'm so stressed out and worried that I'm going to pull it out accidentally or roll over on it and block the urine flow or WHATEVER, that I have not been able to relax and just recover from my surgery. I'm mortified of trying to pee in the morning because the last time hurt SOOOO VERY BADLY! They've even had me on Peridium... supposedly to help with that, but it felt like I was peeing razor blades last time and only trickels actually came out. I need to have a bowl movement badly, but I'm also afriad that if I need to strain any at all, that I might pull the catheter out... so I think I've subconsciencely kept myself from having one and my stomach is majorly upset. I've been eating fiber cereal, drinking lots of juice and even took a couple of stool softners... not to mention they gave me MOM and another stool softner while I was on my 3rd day in the hospital. Which did nothing but make my stomach do summersaults. Is all of this normal? How long will it be before I can pee on my own and it not feel so horrible? Is there a possiblity that I may still not be able to pee in the morning? 6 days post op?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2008, 10:40 PM
5 days out - TVH, A&P repair, left salpingo-oophorectomy

Hi slims,
I am sorry to hear you are having a tough time recovering. I really haven't had anything like the situation you are in right now. I just wanted to give you some moral support until you find out what is going on with you from your DR. You might be able to read some other threads from women who have had A&P repairs, seems to me, I have seen mentions of this. I thought though they didn't let a person go home if they haven't had a bm or urinate normally. I dunno, it was just something I seen on another post. Please keep us updated as to your condition. I hope you have a wonderful evening.
Wanda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register