Please help | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-14-2008, 08:13 PM
Please help

Hi Ladys, I had a hysterectomy on March 10 2008 and having a hard time recovering. Somedays are good but, most are bad. I have seen my doctor twice since surgery. She has giving me 3 different pain killers and a muscle relaxer. Which I'm affaird to take. I feel as if my stomach is going to fall out of me. My bladder leaks alot too. The pain in my right side is not good. I had a ultrasound one week after surgery and it came back normal. ( Which is good ) My body feels weak sometimes. I guess what I'm asking is anyone else out there feeling the same way? Please Help! Thanks Amber
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2008, 08:51 PM
Please help

You're only a month out from surgery, so you've got a ways to go in your recovery. However, if you're concerned, I would contact the doctor again -- and again -- until you are satisfied. Wondering if you've had an internal exam since surgery... I didn't have mine until about six weeks, but perhaps if your doctor took a look, it would give you some piece of mind.

Good luck - keep us posted.
Unread 04-14-2008, 09:01 PM
Please help

Hey girl I feel for ya. I had my hyst june 2007 and I can tell ya it lasted a good 7 months for me. I had the feeling my parts were falling out also but, I didn't have any left. I thought I was going to go crazy and even had some really bad panic attacks for a few months. I will not take pills because I am a big chicken when it comes to pills. Anyways turns out I was right My parts were falling out it was my bladder. I guess they call it stage three custocele (dont think I spelled it right) . Anyways I just suggest you give it a few months and just remember It could get worse before it gets better but thats what we are all here for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2008, 09:29 PM
Please help

Hi Amber
Please join the specil thread for those of us that had surgery the same week- post op March 10-17
you will many ladies sharing their everyday experiences with recovery and you will know you are not alone!
We all seem to be in the same boat but some have had more problems or more extensive surgeries... please feel welcome to post in that thread ; )
TC
Unread 04-14-2008, 09:37 PM
Please help

I agree with TunaCat. Come on over to our thread......we talk about everything and I mean everything.

My surgery was the same day as yours. I can tell you that I can't stay on my feet for more than 10-15 minutes before the pain and pressure start.

You'll find a wide range of recovery experiences on our thread. Come visit!
Unread 04-15-2008, 04:42 PM
Please help

Would Love to Join... Thanks For you support... Hope things get better for all of us! God Bless
Unread 04-15-2008, 06:35 PM
Please help

I think due to the surgury & only being able to walk for 8wks,the muscles in the abdomen get real weak,keep following iwth your doc & see if they can give you an exercise plan.I feel the falling parts sensation if I am on my feet to long. Yes join our thread!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 04-15-2008, 08:22 PM
Please help

I hope you feel better soon hon
Unread 04-16-2008, 06:15 PM
Please help

I had my TAH/BSO on the same day as you had yours (3/10). Ifind myself thinking that I should be over this since it has been so long then my DH says well it has only been so and so or I get on this site and read it has only been so and so. Some days are better than others. For the past two days I felt great as if I had turned that corner and then I woke up this am after doing nothing different from the other days thinking who came in here a beat me last night. Had pain I have not had before. Please read through the other thread as much help there. I find this site helps me alot. I find myself laughing alot and thinking what a great place were you can speak what is really on your mind and no one thinks that you are short of a full set. I am so glad I found the site just days before I had my operation but can't stay off the site since getting home. Hang in there and if it your pain continues call, call, call the doc and get it checked out.
Unread 04-16-2008, 08:52 PM
Please help

I really enjoy everyone here. I'm really tring to hang in there for my 6 week apt. Which is the 23rd of this month. I just feel like my hole life has changed and I keep waiting and waiting for it to get better. Yes there is some okay days but most feel like I've hit by a car. I can't get that flu like feeling out of me and I know that I don't have the flu. Its really scary! Question? Has anyone had problems with there bladder? I'm leaking all the time now. I have not told the doctor at all about this problem. I'm affaird to tell her. Thanks all of you.

Total Hysterectomy on March 10th 2008

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register