10 weeks post op and still some pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

10 weeks post op and still some pain 10 weeks post op and still some pain

Unread 04-15-2008, 08:44 AM
10 weeks post op and still some pain

Im 10 weeks post op from a TAH/BSO. I feel fine except... the nerves surrounding the incision and the incision itself. They hurt! I usually wake up pain free ( when i get a good nghts sleep) but within 2 hours the nerves are tingling and painful to the touch and the incision seems raw and tender. Its not so painful that Im taking pain meds, tylenol or motrin help, but I am just aware of it all day long. Still am not wearing jeans as they rub too much and hurt.

I did call my Dr last week, and she said give it 2 more weeks and see how you feel, that this can take up to 6months to heal completely. But I'm sick of always thinking about pain or discomfort, and it does tire me. Im back to work, shorter days than my usual 10.

Anyone else out there still have this issue? I sure wasnt expecting at 10 weeks to still be this uncomfortable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2008, 09:26 AM

I am 9 wks out and I still have some issues with my incision, I was cut going up and down, not sure how you were, but mine is tingly sometimes and itchy and at the bottom a little like rawish. But then again I'm a bigger girl so my muffin top might not be helping that too much. But I do from prior cutting on my abdomin it will get better. just hang in there. I still dont wear jeans either cuz of the rubbing and pain I only wear jammy pants.
Unread 04-15-2008, 09:53 AM

Hi Paula.

I am almost 9 weeks post-op and still having abdominal pain and use OTC pain killers everyday. They say it can take up to 6 months so I guess we have to wait it out. It is uncomfortable though. I am not wearing any jeans yet either - feels to confining. Only wearing elastic waist which is a drag!!

Hope you feel better soon (myself also!!!!) - was not expecting such a long haul!

Let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2008, 05:49 PM

Thanks both of you, you confirmed what i was pretty sure I knew but its reassurring to know Im not the only one. I have been walking a few miles every other day, today was suppose to be that day. Just as a test I did not walk, took it easy this morning before going to work, but still worked 7 hours, and I feel much better. Some discomfort but not as much as when i do walk. So maybe i just need to shorten my walks some or give it a few more weeks. Thanks again for your responses,, hope you both feel better soon too!
Unread 04-15-2008, 08:09 PM

Hey Paula,

Right there with you. We are kind of coping each other. Just within the last couple of hrs I have started to feel a little better. But I am just so spooked now after what has happened that I am going to take it real easy. Yes I have been told that it can take up to 6 months also. I just don't know if I can do that, I am soooo tired of recovery. Between the spine surgery and the hyster it will end up being over a yr in recovery. IT SUCKS There I have vented, thank you. Hang in there, Paula I also had to cut back on my work hours also. I tell you if the pain does not start to get better faster I think that I might call dr for some real ones because the OTC ones do not work. Have a good night.
Unread 04-15-2008, 08:17 PM

sorry I am not that far out but wanted to give you
Unread 04-15-2008, 09:45 PM

Thanks shellbear, that helps and a big hug back at you.
Unread 04-16-2008, 01:57 AM

Paula:
I will be 11 wks tomorrow and I still have the nerve issues and although I have had my jeans on, they do not stay on long. Maybe 2 hrs at the most.
I wear stretch jeans (elastic tops) to work (1 size larger than I normally wear) and get in lounge pants when i come home. I had the vert. cut and it is much wider and more red at the bottom (by pubic area). That part itches all the time. Don't know if there are hairs trying to grow back or what.
Hvelasco:
How did you find out they left a towel in you from the previous surgery.
Read your profile... This never ceases to amaze me... Are the doctors just tired or what?
Zirconia:
Know what you mean... I thought I would be back to my old self by now.
And I have noticed, people don't even ask me how I am anymore. I guess they expect me to be back to normal also.
Unread 04-16-2008, 05:46 AM

Thanks to everyone for responding back to this .... Kelly, hang in there... with the rest and less hours it will get better. I felt much better yesterday. I still worked 7 hours, but i didnt walk my usuall 2miles. Online last night I told a friend i chat with from florida that i was going to give up the walking for a week just to not be in that pain at night and she made it clear she thought i should "push " thru the pain and keep up the walking. Spoken like someone whose never had a hysto right??? Its why i come here, I know you guys will all understand and not be judgemental but encouraging. I think my friend thought i was being a baby and it was time to move on from having a hysterectomy,,,,, and while i totally agree... Im soooooooo tired too of the recovery, you cant do that if every day there is pain or discomfort. So...thank you all and hugs to all of you.

PattiO, chicago burbs??? how far out? Im in St.Charles.
Unread 04-16-2008, 08:32 AM

Hi, I am new to this board but had a hysto on March 4, she left the ovs in, and I tried to go back to work Monday but wasn't going to happen. Still lots of pain when I walk too long--I do about three 20-minute walks a day, not always though--pain is too much. I am SO TIRED of the women who have had this done and say, oh, I was back on work in 4 weeks, no problem, no pain, la la la la la and I'm like, screw you *****es, I HURT. I know people think I'm a big baby but I am pushing myself as hard as I can without hurting myself. I'm a big workout queen, too and this is killing me. I don't want to start swimming again until May 1. I'm tired of the "puff" above the scar (vertical) and the tugging and pulling. Can't wear jeans, you know the drill. Some people say it's because I'm thin that I've had so much trouble, but whatever. This is a great support board and I'm glad I found you all.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register