Should penatration HURT after 9wks | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Should penatration HURT after 9wks Should penatration HURT after 9wks

Unread 04-15-2008, 10:27 PM
Should penatration HURT after 9wks

So I finally gave in tonight just to make DH happy, but it hurt so bad I was crying the entire time. It wasnt an inside hurt like deep inside just at like vaginal walls (sorry if TMI), is this normal or is something wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2008, 01:41 AM

You were crying and your husband kept going????? I think your husband should be thinking of how your feeling instead of his needs. You've had major surgery and you should remind him of this!!!
Unread 04-16-2008, 01:48 AM

I too had some vaginal pain last week when I tried it.. Make sure you have lots of lubrication (K-Y or astroglide).. And maybe it would help if you were on top (sorry if TMI) so you can be in control of the depth of penetration.
Also, maybe you can ask your doctor for some Estrogen cream...
For me it has been over 4 months, with the D&C and then the hysterectomy, so I didn't worry that the first time was slightly painful... If it continues, I will go back to my doctor and ask. Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2008, 06:21 AM

it sounds like it might be dryness...are you on any hormones? you might want to try a lubricant next time and talk to your dr about hormones...did you keep your ovaries?
Unread 04-16-2008, 09:13 AM

extra lube and possibly a glass of wine or something to relax you would help. It would also help if your husband not only didn't pressure you..he can help himself..but if he stopped the minute it was uncomfortable for you. Feel better.
Unread 04-16-2008, 10:25 AM

Our first time was uncomfortable but not unbearable. I did notice a little pain the first few seconds but it sort of went away as I got into the moment. I would do as other's have suggested. Even if your not a drinker have a glass of wine or a beer to help you relax. My Dr offered to give me Valium to help me relax and I chose to have one drink. I'm not a drinker so one drink was more than enough! And if you continue to feel like this please check with your Dr. Good Luck! Your in my prayers!
Unread 04-16-2008, 11:52 AM

Did it feel kind of like a burning sensation? I think that would signify lack of lubrication (I had that on the weekend). Either way, if it hurts, STOP! Don't torture yourself!
Unread 04-16-2008, 01:08 PM

thank you all so much. DH didnt notice I was crying as per he couldn't see my face. It was a burning sensation, sooo maybe just dryness? Anyway thank you all
Unread 04-16-2008, 08:07 PM

Hi

Yes I would say it was dryness and you are probably still a little swollen.

My Dr advised more me to be on top(TMI) so that I could have control, so this may help when you are game enough to try again.

So remember lots of lube and tell DH to take it easy, this is not his time but yours, beleive me if it hurt them they wouldn't be doing it.

Personally I haven't been up close and personal yet Dr said to wait till 8 weeks as sutures hadn't come out at 6 weeks and still way too swollen. But I reckon a glass or 2 of scotch and a bit of lube should do the trick.

Good luck.

Kezza
Unread 04-16-2008, 08:20 PM

I am 5 wks post surgery and haven't had the pleasure yet, but I am so scared of even trying. My abdomen is still very sensitive just above the scar and there is still lots of swelling right under.
Not only that, but my DH is a different kind of person. He's be so scared to hurt me that I doubt he'll even enjoy it. I'll have to work on him and on me.... sigh.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register