Vaginal Pressure | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vaginal Pressure Vaginal Pressure

Unread 04-16-2008, 10:11 AM
Vaginal Pressure

I am having some pressure like feeling similar to what I felt when I had the packing in.. has been like this for the last few days. Is this something that I should normally be feeling 8 days post op?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2008, 07:34 AM
Vaginal Pressure

totallyscared07

I'm sorry you're experiencing this and hope some ladies will be along soon who can relate.

In the meantime, if you try a Google Search of HysterSisters (top right of this page) you'll find plenty of experiences to read through. If it doesn't improve, please don't hesitate to ask your doctor about it.

Sending all good wishes and I hope you find relief very soon.

Unread 04-17-2008, 08:03 AM
Vaginal Pressure

Hi Pam
I experienced a lot of pressure on and off during my recovery. My dr said it was probably from swelling and it usually meant I was spending too much time on my feet or sitting would do it too.

Have you been up and around quite a bit? If you can't relate doing anything that might have caused the sensation it might be a good idea to ask your dr about it, just in case it's indicating something else is going on.

Make sure you're getting plenty of rest. Get up and walk as you feel up to it, but don't push yourself. I hope you get to feeling better soon. Let us know how it goes.
's, Rita
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2008, 08:19 AM
Vaginal Pressure

How are the BMs and gas? The times I have the most pain and pressure are when I am backed up or the gas is stuck. I have had to ensure I am eating tons of fiber and taking my anti-gas and stool softener pills religiously! And, I ensure I drink at least two 20 oz bottles of water a day! If I'm not having at least one BM a day I get the pressure and often some small pains on my lower left quadrant.

Good luck and call the doc if you are unsure about anything!
Unread 04-17-2008, 08:47 AM
Vaginal Pressure

Thanks ladies!

Bm's were an issue.. going but difficult but thats all changed as of this AM.. no gas at all

The swelling makes sense though..

I am going to monitor it and see if it is different during different times etc and go from there.. thanks again
Unread 04-17-2008, 04:02 PM
Vaginal Pressure

I also had pressure from swelling. Do you have an inflatable inner tube for sitting? It has helped me alot! It cost $6 at any local pharamcy. My vagina got really swollen along with the pressure and pain the Dr told me to lay down and relax as much as possible for a couple of days. The nurse said I was doing to much. It went away and the swelling went down. If it continues you might want to call your Dr.
Unread 04-17-2008, 06:26 PM
Vaginal Pressure

I do not have an inflatable tube to sit on... but think maybe at times I need one
Unread 04-17-2008, 10:45 PM
Vaginal Pressure

Totallyscared07 - I recall posting a similiar thread early in my post-op recovery & like yourself was quite concerned! I did not have a packing, but it felt like "something" was down there; I was feeling a lot of heaviness/pressure ... it just did not feel "normal" (I think I titled my thread "phantom cervix") However, with each passing week, the symtoms grew less intense & less noticeable ... but it took a good 10-12 weeks before it totally resolved. Just remember to relax, rest, & take care of yourself. You're early in the recovery phase & you only get one chance to heal! Best Wishes.
Unread 04-17-2008, 11:55 PM
Vaginal Pressure

I had a strange "stretched open" feeling. It did not start right away and I am still having it off and on. I did ask my doctor about it and she said it was from my muscles being stretched so much during the surgery. She said I did not feel it right away because of the swelling and meds I was on. But I do notice it more when I do kegels, have orgasms (from outercourse), walk long distances, etc.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register