C-section Apron That Hangs Over Incision | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

C-section Apron That Hangs Over Incision C-section Apron That Hangs Over Incision

Unread 04-16-2008, 02:38 PM
C-section Apron That Hangs Over Incision

I have had 3 c-sections and I have an apron (skin and fat) that hangs over my scar. Sorry, I know it sounds nasty.

My concern is this; after I have this TAH, how will my incision heal when I sit up as this apron will totally cover it and it won't get air. I am thinking I will only be able to lay down in order for gravity not to pull the apron over the scar.

Clear as mud?

Hugs and thanks,
Tracy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2008, 02:52 PM

Hi Tracy;

Boy!!! what a coincidance, I just started a thread over at post op for this same problem

in my case its a problem and because it does not get any air, a few of my stitches did not heal right and are still open...so now I have to clean it with peroxide and put a gauze to keep it dry...

so today I have been lying in bed all morning with my bear belly so it can have air and heal those stitches

I should of have a TT (tumy tuck) with my surgery

hope you dont have any problems and your incision heals correctly.

blessings,
Unread 04-16-2008, 02:57 PM

Wow! I will keep you posted with any info I get in case you miss it and will you do the same for me?

I walked in the bathroom naked this morning (a sight to behold) and looked at myself and thought ... hmmmm ... how is this going to heal!

Hugs and thanks for your response!
Tracy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2008, 03:04 PM

I also have the C-section apron. My TAH/BSO was on February 26 this year and I didn't have any trouble at all with healing. I hope the same goes for you!
Unread 04-16-2008, 04:30 PM

tracy:

a nice sister replied to my other thread in post op and suggested I use 4x4 gauze (open 2 of them and place them together and roll them and put them under apron) and this keeps area clean and dry.....nice idea, I will try this tonight and tell you if it worked for me....
Unread 04-16-2008, 05:04 PM

Thanks love ... I appreciate you sharing. I will remember that.

Hugs,
Tracy
Unread 04-16-2008, 05:52 PM

Hi Tracy,

I never had a C-section before, but still have quite a tummy naturally. With all the swelling, I too had this 'apron' of fat. To be honest, it didn't cause any problems as I was lying in bed a lot during the first two weeks. I was always wearing nighties with no panties to allow 'air circulation'. I was also told by my surgeon to clean the scar with peroxyde twice a day and to dry the area with my hair dryer afterward (no kidding). Well it worked well. My stitches are healing very nicely. No infection...
Unread 04-16-2008, 06:02 PM

The incision in my belly button was healing slowly. It's kind of closed up and the air wasn't getting to it. It was oozy, and I was having a hard time keeping it dry enough. The surgeon told me to use peroxide to keep it clean, and use the hair dryer to keep it dry. I used the hair dryer a few times a day just to make sure the area was dry and within 2 days it was healing up. I imagine that would work in any area.
Unread 04-16-2008, 07:07 PM

I greatly appreciate your relpies.
Thanks so much for taking the time. I sure will jot these ideas down.

Hugs,
Tracy
Unread 04-16-2008, 07:41 PM

Freezy143
My apron is from my c-sections as well. I asked my DR if he could cut some of that extra skin off and he did!! I have some skin hanging over from the swelly belly now. I told 4hisglory on her thread that I take medical tape and pull mine up so the incision gets air. Does that make since? Make sure you shave the hair off before taping it up. Also I saw on here where someone said they use a blow dryer to keep hers dry. I just want to share what my little sons Brain surgeon told us when the nursing staff said to do that. He said not to because it can shrink the skin (freshly cut open skin is delicate)and cause it not to heal properly. Plus he said it can blow bacteria into your incision. yuk! So please don't do that! It scared us since we had done that on his little head a few times before he told us not to. It does make since that it would work but what he told us made since also. Best wishes!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register