Encapsulated Cyst within right ovary- 2 weeks post op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Encapsulated Cyst within right ovary- 2 weeks post op Encapsulated Cyst within right ovary- 2 weeks post op

Unread 04-16-2008, 05:58 PM
Encapsulated Cyst within right ovary- 2 weeks post op

Has anyone heard of this? I had a LSH 2 1/2 wks ago and have been suffering with pain mostly on my left lower side. Now the pain is ALL of my lower pelvic region and constant so my Dr. wanted to see me this afternoon (instead of my 3 wk post op). He did a sonogram and said I am ovulating and that there is a cyst within my ovary that is bleeding- not sure if it burst or not yet). He said this doesn't happen very much, but not to worry- the blood inside my ovary will re-absorb. Said I am not bleeding internally, etc.

Also, is it normal to having a crying spell now and then? I have both my ovaries, but for the past 3 days or so, something has set off a crying spell that I can't explain. I told my doc that and he said I didn't need a hormone patch or anything, my ovaries are working fine, just part of this whole process.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2008, 09:25 PM

Hi PfromFL
I don't have experience with the cyst problem. I'm glad your dr was able to identify it though and hope it will dissolve and reabsorb with no problems. Are you still hurting from it, or has it gotten better? I don't think cysts are too uncommon. I'm just not sure about the different types. Hopefully some who have more experience can share offer some support on this subject.

Even when you keep your ovaries it's pretty normal to have fluctuations of your hormone levels which can cause mood swings and even hot flashes. I kept my ovaries too and had both of them occurring for a few weeks. The ovaries go into shock with the loss of the blood supply from the uterus. Everyone is a little different in how long it takes. I hope the symptoms aren't too bad. Usually if you understand what is causing it you can back off and give yourself some slack. We like to call it pampering the princess.

I hope you get to feeling better soon. Keep us posted on your progres..
's, Rita
Unread 04-18-2008, 06:59 AM

Hi Rita

Yes I am still experiencing pain- this morning was one of the worst and I am almost 3 weeks. I'm getting aggravated, trying not to, but there is that little voice that keeps thinking- maybe I shouldn't have had the hyster. ???

Thank you for replying.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register