return to work - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

return to work return to work

Unread 04-25-2008, 03:54 PM
return to work

I would encourage you to take your time. Lots of time.

I have a desk job but it is stressful. Also, I probably heal a little more slowly than younger women (I am 57).

I was released with no restrictions 2 weeks after surgery. The next day, I went back to work half-days. I did not get much done with a half-day schedule and no one does my job when I am not there. I felt good on the half-day schedule so I decided to try 6 hour days.

After a week and one half of half days, I did a week of 6 hour days.

This week I tried two eight-hour days and you would not believe what a swelly belly I got. I was so uncomfortable and witchy by the third day. Now, I am back to the 6 hour days for this week and next week.

As many others have said, you have only one chance to heal, so please be good to yourself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2008, 06:31 AM
Thank you book worm

Thank you , very sound advice. I was having a bit of a pity party last night! I should of just gone to bed.
My husband is a police officer with the city of London so works long hours and stays away some nights, my kids have been lovely , but teenagers just dont get the whole concept of cleaning , and why should they!
The good thing about going back to work is that i slept for eight hours last night, the first time in weeks!
I miss running with the dog, lack of exercise makes me grouchy!
Its a beutiful spring day here in sunny England and im going to start some ( gentle) planting, i want to get my salad and veg going.
You have a good week end
bunnie
Unread 04-26-2008, 01:09 PM
return to work

I had my LAVA BSO 4/2 &I went back to work this week and all went well. I was tired Wednesday, but by the end of the week I felt fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2008, 02:50 PM
return to work

Laddies, I had my LAVH on March 18. My 5 week check-up was on March 23, the Doc treated me with some silver nitrate. He said I was well enough to go back to work. But I'am still going to be careful with my lifting. I'am a CNA & do home healthcare, sometimes the patients are 3 times my size & some are strictly bed patients. I'am a little worried about hurting myself. My Doc assured me that I was healed enough to do my job. I still have days of being tired & feeling weak, then some days I feel just find. It may have something to do with my age, I'am 50. I think everyone should listen to their body & then you will know your limits.
Best To All
Pillbug
Unread 04-26-2008, 04:08 PM
return to work

It sounds like whoever you are driving to school needs to take over walking the dog, and you need to get back in your jammies and camp out in the bedroom on the weekends to let your family know that you are putting yourself out, and could be in danger of a serious relapse. As soon as you start acting like your old self, they are more than willing to see you that way. They can't feel your pain, they take their cues from you. It's what, less than a month since you had major surgery. Take care of yourself, or at least get your feet up and rest. None of us are superwoman, no matter what our families and we ourselves would like to think. You might want to tell them directly that you have been overdoing it and you need to pull back, and they will need to pick up the slack a little longer. Give them the chance to step up and help. Best of luck, and hang in there.
Unread 04-26-2008, 04:21 PM
return to work

i AM ONLY 3 WKS AND 3 DAYS POST OPP FROM TOTAL HYSTERECTOMY BUT STILL HAVE OVARIES - I HAVE TO RETURN TO MY WORK APRIL 30TH OR WILL LOOSE MY HEALTH COVERAGE WHICH BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN THERE FOR SO LONG IS PAID FOR BY THE COMPANY. I HAVE A POST OP APPT AP 2TH WILL TELL DR MY SITUATION. I DONT REALLY HAVE A CHOICE. I JUST KNOW I AM GOINA TAKE IT REAL EASY AND BE VERY CAREFUL. IT CAN BE A STRESSFUL MIND JOB IT IS A SITTING AT COMPUTOR ALL DAY JOB AND HAVE TO WORK 40HRS A WK FOR HEALTH COVERAGE. KEEP ME IN YOUR PRAYERS TOO. DONT GO BACK IF YOU DONT HAVE TO - RELAX AND HEAL FOR THE WHOLE 6-8 WKS IF FINANCIALY CAPABLE. IM NOT SO I HAVE NO CHOICE

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register