Ruptured Vaginal Cuff - can anyone relate? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ruptured Vaginal Cuff - can anyone relate? Ruptured Vaginal Cuff - can anyone relate?

Unread 04-19-2008, 08:45 AM
Ruptured Vaginal Cuff - can anyone relate?

Thanks for the hug! I am now on the eight week program as well. But, to make matters worse, I hwas admitted t the er again yesterday for possible PE. the vein and ct studies were clean but I have elevated D-Dimer tests ( I am still reading up on my newest condition). Never-the-less-, they wanted to admit me, but I convinced them to let me go home. I have to go back to my primary and gyn for follow-up on monday. My blood pressure was also sky high (165/113). I guess there is a light at the end of the tunnel. It sounds like you are healing well. Hang in there. By the time I was at my FIRST 3 month mark I was feeling great! I am sure you will get your mojo back soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2008, 09:05 AM

There is no way I will stop having or delay. I AM DEFINATELY SCARED, but i love my husband and being intimate. My real fear is that I will not be able to satisfy him like I wan to. YOu know, I am may hold back to much. I think it is going to be a big adjustment and effort on both of our parts to get back in the groove. I have at least 8 weeks left. I will be here for you...let me know how it goes....don't be scared!!!!!! Lots of hugs!
Unread 04-19-2008, 10:01 AM

There's no excuse for this. I am so sorry for all the pain you have had to go thru due to the imcompetance of this surgical team. And how the hell did a glove get stuck up there anyway! Dr's don't take their gloves off DURING surgery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2008, 10:47 AM

Good greif, I made a joke to my surgeon before surgery, not to leave any tools behind, I'll be checking.

I cant even imagine how they could have left a glove and a sponge behind!!!?

sending positive healing thoughts your way,
Unread 04-19-2008, 10:45 PM

Mysaga,

So sorry to hear of your latest setback. What is PE? Why did you end up in the ER again? You've had so much to deal with, please know I'm sending prayers your way.

Take Care.
Unread 04-21-2008, 07:28 AM

I was having sharp pains in my leg (still there) and my heart is racing (blood pressure thur the roof). Go figure, I have high blood pressure. Did I mention I am only forty, very petite and a former athlete. It is not like I have any stress in my life (sarcasm).PE Is for Pulmonary embolism (AKA Blood clots). This can happen after surgery sometimes. I am a high risk because my mother has blood disorders. Anyway, the doppler and CT scans were normal but they told me I have abnormal blood work (DDimer levels are elevated). this means there could be a clot developing or other conditions. So now I have to, you guessed it, go in for more tests this week.
Unread 04-21-2008, 07:30 AM

As far as the glove goes.......I was told since I had robotic surgery they pack the vaginal wall with a sponge and glove so the gas does not escape the abs during surgery. Proto is to remove it once everything is done. You guessed it, they forgot to pull it out. It was not packing for bleeding or anything else. It was part of their surgical count........
Unread 04-21-2008, 09:51 AM

This entire story boils my blood. Who the heck is responsible for oversight for these Drs. This is wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.

Now, not to worry you but D Dimer is also elevated when your heart is in trouble. Did they tell you that in the ER? When are your tests scheduled? What are the tests?

How are you feeling today? You have been through so much. Poor sister. I am following your story and praying for you. I am also praying for your Drs. they need a bit of sense instilled into them.

Good luck. Keep us posted.
Unread 04-21-2008, 10:00 AM

Hey! You can't imagine how much my new sister's support means to me. I am waiting to hear back from my surgeon this morning about the D-Dimer levels. His nurse said he will probably be the one to follow me. They need to determine who is going to manage my case and then go from there.
Unread 04-21-2008, 10:04 AM

Prayers are going out to you. Please keep us informed on your progress.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register