Just had to have surgery again yesterday | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just had to have surgery again yesterday Just had to have surgery again yesterday

Unread 04-18-2008, 06:14 AM
Just had to have surgery again yesterday

I had to undergo surgery again yesterday. I am 3 weeks out from having the hysterectomy. About a week and half later I started having severe pain in my bladder area. I was on 4 different medicines and an antibiotic. Nothing helped. After having an IVP done on me Tuesday, my doctor decided he needed to do an exploratory surgery on me yesterday. He found that adhesions had formed already and were attached/ing themselves to my bladder. So he cut them off or whatever they do and I was sent home late last night. I am feeling better today just pain from the surgery itself and my throat this time was scratched.
So if any of you have that type of pain after your surgery it might be worth a call or trip to your doctor to see what is causing it.

Christi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2008, 06:27 AM

Gosh - adhesions are something that has made me nervous after reading about them. Glad you're feeling better. Was your most recent surgery laparoscopic?
Unread 04-18-2008, 09:12 AM

It was but it was with 2 incisions. They are small so its okay. I had never really thought about that adhesions could be the problem. I'm just glad it wasn't anything more serious than that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2008, 08:39 PM

morgan- big hugs. I'm glad your Dr found out what was wrong and could help you.

Starbgirl
Unread 04-18-2008, 08:56 PM

Thank you. I felt so good today during the day that I overdid it. Way overdid it. I didn't really think it was that big of a deal but my body is now telling me it was a bigger deal than I thought. I am in alot of pain tonight. So after not taking anything other than Advil today during the day, I'm having to take Percocet tonight and a Phenegran for my terribly nauseated stomach. Thank goodness for my laptop.
Unread 04-18-2008, 09:19 PM

I'm so sorry you had to have another surgery! Take it easy and try to let others help out. Did they do anything different to keep adhesions from forming again? I know my doctor put something inside me that was supposed to help with this. I'm wondering if I have adhesions too. My pain is more towards my bowel I guess. It kind of hurts in my tailbone area. My doctor ordered an x-ray today.
Unread 04-18-2008, 09:22 PM

What did you IVP show?

Who did your IVP? Your GYN or a Urolologist?

Where you sedated for the IVP?

I am asking all these questions because I am having a really bad time of it Post-Op. I have had a Renal Ultrasound done. I have a really bad infection, etc, etc, etc.

My GYN wants to do an IVP but I am allergic to Iodine Contrast so the alternative is taking me back to surgery - which I don't want.

Therefore I am trying to ask as many questions as possible.

Good luck to you. I am glad they got to the bottom of this for you.
Unread 04-18-2008, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercredi
What did you IVP show?

Who did your IVP? Your GYN or a Urolologist?

Where you sedated for the IVP?

I am asking all these questions because I am having a really bad time of it Post-Op. I have had a Renal Ultrasound done. I have a really bad infection, etc, etc, etc.

My GYN wants to do an IVP but I am allergic to Iodine Contrast so the alternative is taking me back to surgery - which I don't want.

Therefore I am trying to ask as many questions as possible.

Good luck to you. I am glad they got to the bottom of this for you.

I had the IVP at the outpatient center of our hospital. My GYN obviously ordered it but the test was ran by the hospital staff.

It did not show anything. Unfortunately Xrays do not show adhesions. I knew all of that before I had the IVP performed. My mother has had her share of problems with adhesions.

The only sure way that I know of to find out if it is adhesions or not is more surgery. I will tell you that from the pain I had been having for the past 2 weeks by the time Tuesday of this week came around for me to see one of my doctor's associates I would have done anything to find out what was causing the pain. When I saw my doctor on Wednesday he said the only sure way of seeing what was happening in me was to explore. I said do whatever we can even do it now if you want.

I can honestly say that except for the pain from overdoing it today, I would do it all over again to get rid of the terrible pain I was having. I started out thinking it was just bladder spasms which I had read about on here. But when Enablex had been used to no avail, and then Uro Blu had been used in conjunction with Macrobid and nothing helped and I had no prescription pain med I was willing to do anything.

And my doctor told me not to be afraid to call his office for anything. That is what he is there for. I've read on here several women not wanting to bother their doctor. Well I learned my lesson. He actually gave me his cell number to call direct if I have problems and his office can't reach him. He said he was my surgeon and I was an important part of his practice and he wants me to be pain free and living a normal life again.

So I hate to say it but if I were you and I was having the pain, I'd tell him to do the surgery. Just my opinion sweetie.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register