Status post one week lap assisted vaginal hysterectomy 4/11/08 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Status post one week lap assisted vaginal hysterectomy 4/11/08 Status post one week lap assisted vaginal hysterectomy 4/11/08

Unread 04-18-2008, 06:03 PM
Status post one week lap assisted vaginal hysterectomy 4/11/08

Hello Sisters,

One week has already gone by and I feel really good. I was discharged on 04/12/08, still under anesthesia, slept a lot and rested. Sisters did you know when you have a lap assisted hysterectomy that carbon dioxide inflates your belly for the doc to look at your organs and to have your surgeon do the procedure? The carbon dioxide is then metabolizes in your system which we breath out and our belly goes back to its regular size. The reason the hospital staff wants to take breaths and breathe out is for the anesthesia. The reason we blow into the plastic box with the ball is to inflate our lungs since our respiratory system was medicated during surgery.

Anywho, belly back to normal, the four lap incisions are healing and itching. I don't feel dizzy when I used to get up, but my veins where they put the IV's are still sore with some bruising. I have been urinating a lot and I am not swollen in my face, body and extremities anymore. I urinated all of the saline fluid.

I am not bleeding or spotting. I actually stopped bleeding on 04/12/08. I no longer have an over active bladder since my uterus was thick, it was pressing on my bladder signaling me to use the restroom constantly with little urine.

Please walk as soon as you can after the procedure, all procedures, injuries, or trauma can possible lead to blood clots in your calves, so walk more each day, and feel the sun against your face and the smell of Spring, but of course rest too.

I have not taken any of my strong medication and just taking my antibiotic meds. I used Extra Strength Tylenol for break through pain (not often). Have been experiencing bursts of pain(sharp) in my lower abdominal quadrants but I guess is the nerve endings where the laps tools went in but not enough pain to take Norco.

All faculities are fine. Ladies pass that gas! That means your digestive tract is working. Anytime you have surgery, our digestive tract takes on stress. See your doctor if you think you need a laxative. Drink a lot of water to flush out any impurities from the catheter.

I hope this helps! Wishing all of my sisters healthy recoveries in mental and physical levels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2008, 06:23 PM
Status post one week lap assisted vaginal hysterectomy 4/11/08

Good for you. I'm glad your feeling well. Remember to take it easy and rest.
Betty-Jo

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register