I have a vaginal cuff hematoma...HELP!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I have a vaginal cuff hematoma...HELP!! I have a vaginal cuff hematoma...HELP!!

Unread 04-18-2008, 09:24 PM
I have a vaginal cuff hematoma...HELP!!

I just posted a link asking for advice on going back to work in a week. Thank you everyone for the wonderful replies. Well now I have a set back. I started spotting a week ago. Two days later it was like a period for 2 or 3 days. Then 2 days with mostly spotting and some red blood. I finally called my Dr after a week. I thought I was only supposed to spot for a couple of days. My Dr's nurse was so upset with me. She wanted me to come in right away and I freaked! I don't want anything inside there! I am still pretty sore. Well today I really started bleeding so I called. They got me right in. I started crying in the office and the nurse had to hug me. I was really freaked about anything in THERE. To top it off, my Dr is getting married tomorrow so I had to see her partner who I have never met. He was really nice, but I think I scared him with my tears. As soon as he started examining me a big gush of blood came out. He said the cuff is sewn together nice and he thinks I have a hematoma. Can this cause the abdominal pain I am still feeling? Has anyone else had one of these? I don't have a fever. He extended my time off by another week so I am taking 5 weeks off of work. Please give me any info on hematomas. I can't find much on the internet. Thank you for all of your help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2008, 08:52 AM

(((Barbie))))
I am so sorry this is happening to you! I don't have any information about hematomas, but I'm thinking about you and hope you get resolution about it SOON! What is the next course of action about it, according to your doctor? Did he said it might go away on its own, and did he say it might be causing the pain??
Unread 04-19-2008, 09:46 AM

I am sorry too! Type in "vaginal cuff hematoma" in the search box on this site and you can bring up some old threads about this same thing. Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2008, 12:32 PM

My best friend was hospitalized with a hematoma after her hyster,she had alot of pain & bleeding after a Dr checkup it got so bad she went to the er they saw it on the cat scan, they admitted her a few days & it resolved itself.It was very large thats why she was admitted so they could watch if it was going down or still growing.If you dont feel better call back or go back.When my friend was admitted she had to lie or recline in bed & was only allowed to walk to & from the bathroom.My best description of a hematoma is bleeding into tissue which would cause the tissue to expand just like when you bruise you're skin,as long as the bleeding stops the tissue goes back down eventually
Unread 04-19-2008, 01:46 PM
Sit down and put my feet up!

My drs partner, who I saw said the hematoma should resolve itself on its own, but I will bleed until my vaginal cuff is healed and then it can't drain anymore. My body will have to absorb it. My mother, who is a nurse is having a fit! She says the dr screwed me up and can't believe they didn't do any blood work yesterday! I have a great dr and her partner was very informative and kind. She had me upset. I hurt off and on, but I still have pain meds. He also said it might be phantom pain? I am so used to my uterus hurting and being there that I might think I feel it. I don't think that is it but it is a possibility. I am taking it very easy now. Thank you for all the kind words. I appreciate all of them! 2 steps forward 3 steps back!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register