Vaginal hysterectomy ~ anyone else? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vaginal hysterectomy ~ anyone else? Vaginal hysterectomy ~ anyone else?

Unread 04-20-2008, 12:29 PM
Vaginal hysterectomy ~ anyone else?

HI i had LAVH on the 6/3 and i have my 6 week check up tomorrow. I still amn't back at work as i was told it was a MINIMUM 6 week recovery regardless of which type of op u have. Don't rush it and try and enjoy the time you have to relax and get fully recovered. Its true you only have one chance to do it properly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2008, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenSun
I had a vaginal hyst on the 8th. I guess from what I have seen here. I am doing well. Bummed that I can't drive yet until my 2 week preop. It is hard to find other people out there who had a vaginal hyst I keep wondering if my recovery and limitations should be different than everyone else? Anyone else have a vaginal hyst this week without complications I can compare my progress with?
Not to depress you, but my doc cleared me to drive after a week with my surgery. I went back to work part time two weeks after my surgery and I will be back full time on Monday the 21st (25 days post op) I wish I could stay home longer. I still get really tired and my ovaries haven't woken up yet, but I also need to pay the bills.

Good luck in your recovery.
Unread 04-20-2008, 06:57 PM

I had my surgery on the 11th. I am starting to feel better after reading these, I was thinking there was something wrong with me. I had a very large cyst in the muscle, the uterus was retroverted and tipped. My first child was a c-section so it seemed (from the explanation) to be a mess in there. I guess I will just relax and recover!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2008, 09:02 PM

i had a TVH on 2-5-08.
Recovery was pretty good. Couldnt drive 1st 2 weeks, but i think i did a few days early. I was off the percoset by end of week 1, and just taking motrin after that.
I went back to work at 6 weeks, and found it wore me out a little fast. ( i guess laying around for 6 weeks my body was used to the little activity)
But now i am pretty much back to normal. Once in a great while i get some pain, but nothing a couple tylenol cant get rid of.
Unread 04-20-2008, 09:03 PM

Quote:
I had a vaginal hyst on the 8th. I guess from what I have seen here. I am doing well. Bummed that I can't drive yet until my 2 week preop. It is hard to find other people out there who had a vaginal hyst I keep wondering if my recovery and limitations should be different than everyone else? Anyone else have a vaginal hyst this week without complications I can compare my progress with?
I had a TVH just 6 days ago with nothing else done. I am feeling rather well with little soreness, taking Motrin for pain only at night just to be on the safe side so I get a good nights sleep as I do get tired easily. I took a short after dinner and am feeling it a little. I wish I had asked the Dr about baths but since I don't have the ok I will pass for now.
My limitations are about the same as everyone elses for now; no driving, no lifting etc. Hope to have some of them lifted after my 2 wk post-op check.
Unread 04-20-2008, 09:32 PM

I had a vaginal hyst on march 31.,,,was doing ok..and now a set back. 3 days ago..started having severe pain in my stomach and lower back. I ended up calling the doc @5am that morning..he was on call for my doc..that's a another story..anyways ended up going in that morning after the office opened .Th e doc took x-rays of my stomach and abdomen and found that I was full of poop..ugh..also felt I had some flu virus..because i had vomited the night before and had a fever.The funny thing is i had been going poop..not quite normal yet..but I was pleased. anyways here I sit feeling like just days after from the hospital and a bit frustrated at the setback.
You sound like all things are going well hang in there

Quote:
Unread 04-20-2008, 09:35 PM

stamper - full of poop like constipated or full of poop like leaking poop into your abdomen?
Unread 04-20-2008, 10:35 PM

I had a TVH on Jan 21 and my doctor did not release me until I was 8 weeks post op. I couldn't bath or anything. But I have a friend who was back to her regular self in two weeks. Everyone is different and heals different. Bladder infection and then a female infection from the antibiotics slowed down my progress but i'm feeling great now. Good luck to you
Unread 04-26-2008, 10:11 AM

I had TVH & BSO on the 4th of april. Wish i would have done this sooner! doing alot more than I should, my body tells me that after vacuuming and mopping floors
Still have discharge yellow/brown comforting to hear others have the same. Took a bath too a week after surgery. I love my baths. I can go some days w/o pain meds others I do take one or two. Is anyone else using progestrone cream? i am on the estrogen patch, still somewhat moody. Just wondering if the progest cream would help.
Unread 04-26-2008, 11:43 AM

WOW! What a mean dr A man of course) to only give you 2-3 weeks off. I had a TVH and A/P repair, my dr says his girls get up to 8 weeks off whatever feels good for them. Beyond that our state disapility program questions it?? I have 9 wks off, I do not get SD I work for a school district and we use our sick pay~~I planned my hyster so I get sick pay from the day of my surgery to the last day of school 6/12. Then I go into summer break that last til the end of August Pretty good eh

I planned it that way because I work in an elementary cafeteria where I lift and reach and carry alot of heavy stuff and do not want any problems with my bladder sling.

I think everyone heals differently and dr's and the states need to take that into consideration. I am at almost 2 weeks and still can not always sit up straight and still have discharge going out into the world is not for me yet.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register