Vaginal hysterectomy ~ anyone else? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vaginal hysterectomy ~ anyone else? Vaginal hysterectomy ~ anyone else?

Unread 04-27-2008, 07:31 PM
Vaginal hysterectomy ~ anyone else?

I had my surgery on the 16th and feel great. I was able to drive after 6 days because of no pain medicine needed. I keep wondering if I missed something. So far, it has been great.

coffee999
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-27-2008, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karaokemarge
stamper - full of poop like constipated or full of poop like leaking poop into your abdomen?
I was wondering the same. Hope you feel better!
Unread 04-27-2008, 11:17 PM

I had a TVH on the 17th and have had a pretty good recovery. Occasional pains but nothing that is keeping me in bed, thankfully! I think recovery is a lot harder when have incisions that need to heal. Just take one day at time. Wishing all lots of good days!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2008, 07:10 AM

Hi everyone! A week ago at this moment I was in surgery. After reading these posts I sure have my eyes open as to why I still feel so bad!! I really expected to feel at least 70% by today, I would have to say maybe 30% is more like it!

It seems like a cruel joke that I have eaten only enough to satisfy the ibuprofen and hunger pains for a week, lost a body part and grapefruit sized fibroid, and yet I weigh the same amount I did a week ago!

I've had low grade fevers/chills and muscle aches most of the week alternating with actually feeling pretty good, and finally yesterday and today BMs that will make you cry.

I have to say I really didn't expect recovery to be this hard. I really did think that since it was falling out anyway how hard could it be?!

Thanks for listening! Hope everyone has a better day!
Unread 04-28-2008, 09:20 AM

I had a TVH on March 7 and can say my recovery was just great. I'm so sorry for those who have problems.

some things I did the day I got home from the hospital:

1. start wearing an ultra light girdle during the day only. more like a spanx. it gave me support and helped with the slight bloating I had.

2. changed my diet to a much healthier version. lots and lots of green leaf veggies and fruits and whole grains. I also drink a lot of green tea and water. I cut back on processed flours and starches and heavy proteins. this made a big difference with my bowel movements and gas. my digestive system was very screwy when I got home so I had to do something.

3. get plenty of rest but also start moving. walks, whatever was feasible. no heavy work!!

by week 3, I felt tons better. went to my post op and I was cleared for light exercising, including light weights. I'm slightly 7 weeks post op now and I feel incredible. I'm so grateful.
Unread 04-28-2008, 11:38 AM

Had my TVH on 23rd and was thankful they were able to do it vaginally. Had a c-section 22 months ago with my son and was hoping they would not have to cut my like that again. Things have gone pretty well so far. Tired and still hurting some but have overdone and paying for it. I have an appt with my dr in two weeks and everyone says I will be ready to go back to work. I think everyone is different and you know your own body and you should listen to that voice Just don't push yourself and take special care!
Unread 04-28-2008, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah4653
Had my TVH on 23rd and was thankful they were able to do it vaginally. Had a c-section 22 months ago with my son and was hoping they would not have to cut my like that again. Things have gone pretty well so far. Tired and still hurting some but have overdone and paying for it. I have an appt with my dr in two weeks and everyone says I will be ready to go back to work. I think everyone is different and you know your own body and you should listen to that voice Just don't push yourself and take special care!
I can see how it would be really easy to overdo it with a 22mo! Take it easy and get lots of help! I have a 4yo with autism and its really been hard this past week, I was just thinking I miss him just as much now as I did when I was in the hospital because I can't do all the things for him that I'm used to doing!
Unread 04-28-2008, 12:03 PM

Hi! I had a TVH on 03/06/08. For the first few days I couldn't walk standing up straight, cuz I was pretty sore. 1 week post-op I developed a urinary tract infection. My discharge quit at 3 weeks after surgery. I was told not to drive for 2 weeks, but with my circumstances I had to drive a few days before, but everything was fine, and I didn't drive far. I was told not to lift anything more than 10lbs til I saw my Dr for the 6 week check up. I rested a lot!! I didn't do anything I didn't feel like doing. I let my family take care of the housework...etc. I still get tired, and when I don't rest, I hurt in my lower abdomen, but rest, and pain med's takes care of it. I do feel better than I have in a long time!! Good luck with your recovery, and listen to your body, and don't do anything you don't feel like doing. Feel free to ask any question's. I will answer and help you if I can.

Andrea
Unread 04-28-2008, 02:48 PM

Now that is how I felt! I can honestly say that by 15 days out I finally felt human. I still have no appetite, and have lost no weight. My energy level is much higher today than it was a week ago. I am still not suppose to do any heavy lifting and will be home from work until the 27 of May. Dr. said I could do small loads of laundry if someone else carried it! lol, right, the cat will do it! I wonder if he will write my husband a note "No uterus, no mowing!" lol
Unread 04-28-2008, 03:13 PM

Hi GoldenSun
I had a laparoscopically assisted vaginal hysterectomy on April 11th, with removal of my cervix but retained tubes/ovaries. I am amazed at how easily fatigued I am. By the end of the day, my belly is swollen and any sneezing or laughing leave me with throbbing pain and a little spotting. My biggest problem after surgery for the first solid 10 days were horrendous bladder spams. Post operatively, I required an extra night in the hospital for pain management and to be re-catheterized. As an RN, I find this all somewhat amusing-being the ptient and also can't imagine how much worse it would have been with an abdominal (bikini) incision!
Hope you are fairing well! best to you and your healing.
TrinityReiki

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register