PLEASE HELP! I'm freaking out here! Bleeding 11 days post op. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

PLEASE HELP! I'm freaking out here! Bleeding 11 days post op. PLEASE HELP! I'm freaking out here! Bleeding 11 days post op.

Unread 04-19-2008, 08:28 PM
PLEASE HELP! I'm freaking out here! Bleeding 11 days post op.

I'm 11 days post op and have had intermitent spotting, but no substantial bleeding since leaving the hospital, but I still wear a pad just in case. About two hours ago I noticed that I was bleeding... bright red blood. I haven't soaked a pad yet, but it is definatly more than usual. I know this is TMI, but when I was trying to clean up, blood was dripping down my leg. I haven't done anything out of the ordinary... lifted anything or anything. Should I be concerned? Has anyone else experienced this? I can't just call the doctor on a Saturday night, the only option I would have is to go to the emergency room and I don't want to over react. Please help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2008, 08:39 PM

Generally if you are soaking a pad an hour it's cause to call your dr. However, if you are bleeding a lot and are worried, you could always call your ER and ask to speak to the dr. on call. S/he will be able to tell you whether or not you should be seen tonight.

I hope the bleeding slows down and that your can relax. In the meantime, rest with your feet up, and please let us know what the doctor tells you.
Unread 04-20-2008, 06:23 AM

Please go to the ER. Let us know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2008, 07:06 AM

please go to the ER!....let us know.... for you..
Unread 04-20-2008, 07:16 AM

Please let us know that you're ok, and what your doctor said! I'm hoping you went to the ER. I'm not sure whats normal or not - but that sounds really scary.
At 20 days post op, my bleeding seems to be increasing (although nowhere near what you describe). Where is the blood coming from? Seems like an awful lot to be coming from disolving sutures.
Unread 04-20-2008, 07:30 AM

Slims1969 did you go to the ER? I hope so please let us know what happened . We are all thinking about you.
Unread 04-20-2008, 09:04 AM

I'm okay so far... thank you for all of the concern and prayers. I have chosen not to go to the ER just yet. The bleeding has slowed down since I've stayed completely off my feet. I don't know if I'm doing the right thing or not, but spending the next 5-8 hours in the ER just for them to tell me that "oh this happens some times" just doesn't sit well with me. Not to mention the nice big bill they would send me regardless if something was wrong or not. I am still bleeding some, not as much, but my plan is to stay completely off my feet and call the DR office first thing in the morning. I tried calling last night, but the recording says to either call 911 or go to the ER, otherwise wait till they open normal hours. I tried to call the ER directly and basically got the same recording... either come in or call your DR. As I'm typing this I just remembered that our insurance (CHP) has been advertising a "Healthline" where you can call and get medical advice... I'm going to try that. I will let you know what happens. Please keep praying for me.
Unread 04-20-2008, 09:17 AM

Hi, i
just saw your post. I started bleeding two weeks after my TAH. I was told that I had a hematomia. It is a pool of blood that was now starting to drain. It was also bright red in color. You should have some way of getting a hold of your doctor, or at least someone who is on call. The doctor told me that If I was going thru a pad in less then one hour, I had to be seen. I was, so I went in. I know that it is really scary to see blood. That is the last thing anyone expects. I think that from the research I have done hematomias are pretty rare. But they can also cause problems with infection. So please see your doctor as soon as you can
Unread 04-20-2008, 09:37 AM
Cramps and back pain???

I would love a little help here. I had a TAH on Feb 19, 2008. I did have some complications and had to go back into the hospital two weeks ago. At this time they had to do surgey to drain a hematomia that had become infected. My question is, I feel like I have cramps all the time. I do have my ovaries maybe its that? Do you think that it would last over a week? I find myself holdng my lower stomach all the time. I have also had extreme back pain. I thought this was caused because of the hematomia. But now that it has been drained that really does not make sense.

Maybe all of this is normal. I know that I am getting a little impatient. I have had a lot of problems sense my hysterectomy. I just thought I would be feeling a lot better my now? Any feedback would be great!
Unread 04-20-2008, 11:07 AM

slims1969,
I can totally identify with not wanting to rush to the ER, as I'm uninsured myself. But, most doctors have the answering service who will either page your doc or the one on call, so having the recording tell you to call 911 is a little unusual. If your insurance has a helpline, please use it, or perhaps you could find an urgent care walk-in clinic in your area you could go to. Those usually only charge about $75 for a walk-in appt. Non-profit women's health group with an emergency number? I don't know, those are just the ideas that pop into my head. You could also check the phone book for your doc's office, and see if there's another number listed that might get you an answering service. Either way, if it gets worse, I have to agree that it's time for the ER...
Best wishes,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register