Creative post-op plans - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Creative post-op plans Creative post-op plans

Unread 04-21-2008, 11:42 AM
Creative post-op plans

Shele, knitting is not that difficult. Well, at least not if you don't pick a difficult project. A sweater...yep that's on the advanced side. But lately, I've been knitting chemo caps for a friend who brings them to a chemo treatment center. They're pretty much as mindless as it gets, and the cotton I use comes in some pretty entertaining color combinations:

And then sometimes I make these, as they make great little gifties if you couple them with a yummy type of soap:

http://www.sugarncream.com/pattern.php?PID=136
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-27-2008, 07:15 PM
Creative post-op plans

Well I'll be recovering in the summer sun....so (as long as meds will allow) I'll be working on a massive tan that will be the envy of others all summer. I will also be knitting squares to donate to our local "Out of the Cold Program". They take the donated squares and sew them together into blankets and then give them to people in need. I figure by doing something good for others, that will be easily put down but not physically demanding should keep my brain and my heart in good condition while I lay around like a princess and command my family to do my every whim!
Unread 04-27-2008, 07:38 PM
creative post-op plans

springB-that is so nice of you! I wish I knew how to make squares or do anything past a basic stitch. Sounds like a great cause!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-27-2008, 08:03 PM
Creative post-op plans

I guess I will have to find a website to teach me how to knit left handed. I think that is what is screwing me up. The book I got shows how right handed. So not coordinated enough for that. So I will do my research. My plan is to make hot pads like my grandma made me. I love them.
Unread 04-27-2008, 09:05 PM
Creative post-op plans

Okay ladies....here's your knitting lesson. Crystalheart13, you don't need to know anything past the basic stitch....you already know all that you need to know. You need size 4.5 needles. Put on (or "cast on" in proper knitting terminology) 35 stitches. Knit your little heart away, back and forth until you have a square. Cast off the stitches and knot the end. Voila....you have a square that can be put together in a blanket. The colour of the squares is irrelevant. This is just to fulfil a basic human need to be warm....not a fashion statement. If you want more info, send me a personal email.
Unread 04-27-2008, 09:07 PM
Creative post-op plans

Another option that is a little quicker if you know how to crochet is to get some cotton wool and make dish cloths. These are great to make ahead for a hostess gift, a gift for that hard to buy for person who has a birthday, or stocking stuffers for the special adult women in your life. I give them to my staff. Think....you could be AHEAD of the gift game because you have some "down" time!!!
Unread 04-27-2008, 09:58 PM
Creative post-op plans

I plan to teach myself more on Excel, and do PR work from my computer for my business, enjoy reading, already finished 3 books, sew, read some more, plan and cook nutrisious meals.
Unread 04-27-2008, 10:09 PM
Creative post-op plans

ohhh, I like the idea of the making the gifts now....maybe I can make some candles for people. I'll use some of my time to think about it! SpringB-thanks for the suggestion. But, I don't know how to do that, I meant I can do a basic cross- stitch. I wish I was better at doing these things.
Unread 04-28-2008, 07:31 PM
Post-0p plans

Hey Girls,

A few months ago I bought an online spanish course and I was doing real well, but let it slide. So I am planning on working on learning spanish. Hopefully it will help me find a job/You almost have to be bilingual english/spanish to get any kind of a job where I live.
I have also become addicted to online jigsaw puzzles on Facebook. They have all these different levels to achieve.
I would also like to get serious about diet, and exercise when I am healed well enough. My daughter is getting married in December and I would like to lose some weight before the wedding.
This is fun..thinking about life after surgery.
Have a good week
Hugs
Jane
Unread 04-28-2008, 07:35 PM
Creative post-op plans

freezy143 can you come organize me I have been doing my taxes, cleaning up my pictures on my hard drive, spending time on the internet searching for things I never have time to do and spending time with you all!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register