7 weeks and still vagina is very sore. What is up? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

7 weeks and still vagina is very sore.  What is up? 7 weeks and still vagina is very sore. What is up?

Unread 04-20-2008, 07:59 PM
7 weeks and still vagina is very sore. What is up?

I had a vaginal hyst, bladder susp, pelvic floor repair, cetecil (sp? ) and rectocil (sp?) and vaginal suspension on March 3. The cut areas on the outside of my vagina are still EXTREMELY sore! My husband and I tried sex for the first time thinking A LOT of lube would help. IT DIDN'T!!! Could my gyn have made me too small? Do I just endure the pain and hope that I stretch? HELP!!! Will this get better?? Any information will be greatly appreciated!!

PS... Thank you so much for this forum!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2008, 09:07 PM
7 weeks and still vagina is very sore. What is up?

Hi swwebst
Welcome to Hystersisters! I'm sorry you're having so much pain. I had a similar surgery to yours. I also had the little incisions on the outside on the labia. They were very sore for quite some time and probably took the longest to heal. Considering everything you had done, it might not be all that strange for you to still be sore.

We're all different in how quickly our bodies heal. Minimum time is generally considered 6 to 8 weeks. Being at 7 wks with so much work done, it might just take you a little bit longer.

I found I was very sore the first while after I was released for sex. Each week it got better, but I would ache for days afterward. When tissue is healing it has less elastacity so that could be some of what you're experiencing right now. Sometimes drs will also prescribe a vaginal estrogen to help the healing along. If the opening really has become smaller you can use dilators to help restretch the opening to the vagina.

I think you need to let your dr know how much pain you're having with sex. S/he might want to check you out to make sure there isn't something else causing your pain and also you would know better what to expect. I would expect this is very likely to get better on it's own with a little more time, but please call and check with your dr. Try not to worry and let us know what you find out.
's, Rita

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register