Is your husband afraid to have sex? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Is your husband afraid to have sex? Is your husband afraid to have sex?

Unread 04-21-2008, 06:06 AM
Is your husband afraid to have sex?

I had my LAVH in January. I was really having problems since October. My husband and I have not been "intimate" since then. After my hyster I'm still having problems (I need to have more surgery). Sex has been the last thing on my mind!
We had a very fun and romantic date on Friday and I was feeling "frisky" (I was starting to think "that part" of me was dead!) I told me husband how I felt and that I really wanted to try "doing the deed". My husband just smiled. I thought it was a good smile.
When the time came he had every excuse he could think of not to be intimate. I'm crushed. I feel like he thinks I'm broken or something. Has anyone else had this happen? How do you deal with it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2008, 07:56 AM

i would ask him what's bothering him...maybe afraid he will hurt you??
I would defnately have an in depth conversation. Good luck
Unread 04-28-2008, 07:03 PM

Hi there,

I had the same problem the other night and when I asked my dear DH, he admitted that he is soooo afraid of hurting me that he just couldn't do it (believe me, I tried every trick in the book to show him that I'm a-ok but still he just couldn't do it)

You know, I didn't take offense to this at all. In fact, it was the opposite. It showed me just how much he loves and cares about me. We agreed to just take things slow until he is certain that he isn't going to hurt me.

Maybe your hubby is feeling the same way?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2008, 07:26 PM

My DH is the same way. I've had some infections and my vagina still hurts. But I'm feeling better and I've been asking him the last few days if we can try. He told me that is so afraid that he will hurt me and he doesn't think I'm ready. I too am depressed about about it but at the same time glad that my DH is worried that he'll hurt me. I'm also very nervous that I'm not ready. Hopefully this week we'll try something I don't know if DH wants to.
Unread 04-30-2008, 12:03 AM

I think it is sweet that your hubbies care so much for you all! I can see how you feel disappointed but try not to take to personally. Just talk with them and let them know you really are ready to start trying things out slowly and if anything is uncomfortable you will let him know. Our husbands are with us daily and have seen all our pains and the toll our bodies have taken. It is not surprising that they would want to be cautious and not want to cause any addition pain.
Unread 04-30-2008, 08:16 AM

Well I talked DH into it and it went great. I was alittle sore but not to bad. It went quick (hehehe) he said he was afraid to hurt me. Guess I'll wait another week and try agian. LOL
Unread 04-30-2008, 08:25 AM

Oh My God! I thought I had the only husband that was afraid he would hurt me. We tried last weekend and it was uncomfortable and hurt a little he pulled out quickly and decided that I was not ready yet. Sorry so much info. At first I was a little ticked but afterwards I was reminded why I love this man so much. He really puts my concerns before his. Maybe we will try again this weekend.

Theresa
Unread 05-01-2008, 12:01 AM

I am glad you had a positive experience sw34. You give us all hope

tmms I hope the next round is much better for you!
Unread 05-01-2008, 05:33 AM

I"m still having some problems and went to the Dr. with my husband yesterday. The Dr. asked ME if it hurt to have sex. Without missing a beat my husband spoke up and said "Oh Dr. we've not had sex since Oct. She's just been too sick. I was so impressed that he didn't care what the Dr. thought. He was just concerned about me. I spoke up right away and added "and I have the most patient husband in the world"! My husband just reached out and took my hand and we continued with my Dr's visit. I REALLY LOVE THIS MAN!!!!!
Unread 05-01-2008, 05:57 AM

My DH is also the same way...We have talked about it many times, and although we have the clear, have decided to wait til the 6 week mark. I wouldnt be surprised if he has a headache though LOL He's so sweet, and so afraid that he's going to hurt me. In his words..after all that I've been through in the last year, the last thing he wants to do is rush things and take the chance of hurting me. Cheers to the DH's who love and care for all of us so much!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register