Do I dare say I am starting to feel Normal?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Do I dare say I am starting to feel Normal?? Do I dare say I am starting to feel Normal??

Unread 04-21-2008, 08:01 AM
Do I dare say I am starting to feel Normal??

Hey ladies! I just had to post this. I know that so many of the posts here are about the various problems we have been having and such. I wanted to post something a little more on the positive side hoping that it will give some hope to some of you who are where I was a few short weeks ago - feeling like "Why is this taking so long? When will I ever feel better?"

Saturday morning I woke up and realized that I actually felt NORMAL! Hardly any pain or soreness - I had slept fantastically without the aid of my Ambien. I even pushed myself rather hard that day because I did feel so good. Granted I was exhausted at the end of the day, but I wasn't sore and and in extreme pain like I had been for so long.

Now it is Monday morning and I'm still going strong! My LOA is until May 1 and I'm looking forward to getting some stuff done around here before I have to go back.

This is about five and half weeks post op for a TAH. So hang in there ladies! You can feel better too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2008, 08:24 AM

Good for you. I had a couple of weeks when I felt really good and almost normal again before I started having UTI problems. I can't wait to feel good again all the time.
Make sure you don't over do it!!!
Unread 04-21-2008, 08:40 AM

Today is the start of week 5 for me! I actually I'm starting to feel normal! What a wonderful feeling of no more pain. The true test is when I'm able to have sex. That is where alot of my problems were. I see my doctor on Thursday. I'm going to have to ask him for sleeping medicine. That's my only downfall right now. But, other then that no pain and I feel normal .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2008, 08:41 AM

Glad to hear your feelling good. My TAH was on March 10 and I'm really sore still but I also had a tummy tuck. I can't wait for the day I can jump around and bend and twist and cough or sneeze or run again! lol! And.... I'm still taking Ambien--lol!
Unread 04-21-2008, 10:22 AM

I'm 5 wks post op today..and I feel FANTASTIC!!!! ....I keep expecting to see blood...NOPE!...I expect to start cramping...NOPE!!!!....God life is SO GOOD!!!....I'm more active, but not back to the hustle yet...but I know I will be shortly..All that sitting around--the bored'em, and the numb butt, the backaches...etc...was so WORTH it!I get up every morning and feel the change...AWESOME!!!...good luck my sista's!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register