depressed over belly - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

depressed over belly depressed over belly

Unread 04-22-2008, 06:59 PM
depressed over belly

Soulmates - when I went to the massage therapist Saturday - with the doctor's okay - that is how she massaged my belly. She called it "energy work." It felt great. Just be very gentle. Since I still have scabs from the laproscopy, she placed a towel over the tummy and massaged with the towel over me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2008, 08:16 PM
depressed over belly

I have the belly still too. But my belly has been thru so many cuts it looks like i have a total of 3 but cracks, I just look at it like I would rather have 3 but cracks than all the pain from before.
Unread 04-22-2008, 08:35 PM
depressed over belly

Funny timing...as I was reading the new posts I was looking down at my belly roll thinking how disgusting it is! I am a very active person and have always been happy with my stomach - well, until now! I was on bedrest for the first 3 weeks and my stomach was good but now that I'm allowed up and around here comes this big swollen mushy belly. I'm guessing that the swelling is showing up because I'm becoming more active but I sure don't like it! You girls sure gave me the laugh I needed to cope! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2008, 05:51 AM
depressed over belly

I too am not quite happy, but my stomach wasn't in the best of shape pre-surgery (had 3 kids and had some loose/stretch-marked skin)

I was in the shower and looked down at my now belly 'flap' and complained to my husband. He said "honey, you just had a major operation. What did you expect? To come out of there looking like a teenager? I didn't marry your stomach, don't worry about it."

hehehheh. Gotta love him, it doesn't bother him, so I shouldn't let it bother me.
Unread 04-23-2008, 06:47 AM
depressed over belly

I would also like to know about the massage method. I had my surgery March 19th, also a tummy tuck at the same time. I have quite a scar. I know it will fade in time, but would like to assist it to flatten itself down a bit over the next few weeks.
Unread 04-23-2008, 07:16 AM
depressed over belly

I hate to be a party pooper but a few women that I know who are years post-op say that some of the belly roll remains.

I can't understand why after a C-section I didn't have a roll but now it looks like after the TAH it will be permanent. Not fair Of course instead of removing a "alien or renter" (yes, I love my 17 yr old DD), they removed organs that took up space.

I worked very hard prior to surgery to lose weight and tighten up the abs-maybe that will help reduce the roll eventually when I can start exercising again.

We can only hope
Unread 04-23-2008, 07:52 AM
depressed over belly

pcc78,

My husband said the same thing. He also reminded me that neither of us look like we did when we were 20!!!

And you're right, after two kids and two sugeries my stomach was not the greated either.

I need to get over it and be happy that I have such a wonderful DH

Thanks
Unread 04-23-2008, 07:53 AM
depressed over belly

I had my surgery in September. Belly is somewhat of a discouragement. Lets just say I hate it. After my surgery I lost a ton of weight and now its been 7 months...well let just say that I've packed on a couple of pounds. Im hoping its just due to the winter and now that its nice out again I will walk my belly and *** into shape! I say if we walk and do as much activity as we can...we can most likely beat the buldge! I'm 5'2 and weigh 130lbs....the only thing about my body that I dislike is the belly! (and of coarse my raging thunder thighs) LOL You know what? this post just motivated me to get my buns on the trail and start moving!
Unread 04-23-2008, 09:46 AM
depressed over belly

Hi

Can you also describe how to do the back stretching thing? I really want tof ollow what you said - massage and stretching (and water and low sodium ) but anm at a loss on the massage and stretches.

Also - how does one find a group to dance naked around fires with? I wish I knew people like that!

Jax
Unread 04-23-2008, 10:15 AM
depressed over belly

GOGHFISH,

I'm at about the same stage as you and am having back pain, even around the site where the epidural needle was inserted. Can you please share the type of stretching you do? Seems like my back hurts more when I increase the stretching so hoping to find a better way!

Thanks!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register