Coming into 3rd week..am I alone here? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Coming into 3rd week..am I alone here? Coming into 3rd week..am I alone here?

Unread 04-21-2008, 01:15 PM
Coming into 3rd week..am I alone here?

I keep reading how everyone is getting tired out easily. Wednesday will be 3 weeks post op from a TVH for me. I feel great. I am still doing my best not to lift and bend, but my energy level is way up. I don't tire from walking, and have even gotten my camera out and done some shooting down by the river with my kids.

I just sort of figured I would feel a bit crumby at this point. I have had to deal with a hematoma too, but that seems to be clearing up as there is no more blood and less pressure.

I guess, with reading everything and expecting to feel cruddy, I am scared I feel too good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2008, 01:33 PM

my recovery was also great. I think that people who just feel great leave this forum because there's little reason to stick around. I'm sticking around because I think it's good for me to share this. I'm at 6 weeks and it just continued to improve day by day. I even stopped all pain pills, even ibuprofen by the 3rd day or so. just didn't need them.

I'm counting my blessings and glad things worked out this way for me (and you). one thing I must stress is eating a healthy diet, drinking plenty of fluids (water), and moving every day as your body allows you to move. I started going on walks by myself, then started taking the dog. then at about 3 weeks, my doc cleared me to use very light weights for my upper body only. it made a huge difference in how I felt!
Unread 04-21-2008, 01:40 PM

I am almost 5 months post op...but I was like both of you ladies. I felt great by week 3. I would have probably went back to work if my doctor had allowed me but since I do a lot of lifting and tugging I had to stay out the whole six weeks. There were times I felt guilty reading some of the threads from the sisters that I shared a surgery date with. I guess we all heal differently so we should not feel weird that we feel better. Just enjoy your recovery and remember to take it easy for a while longer. God bless you.
Faith
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2008, 02:50 PM

im also going on 3 weeks and i feel pretty good. i think everyone does heal differently depending. im still taking it sorta easy, sometimes ill move and get a sharp pain, so i know i better sit down. glad to hear u are doing so well!
Unread 04-21-2008, 03:22 PM

A lot depends on age, procedure, and other medical conditions as well as small things like the actual size of cuts and amount of internal disturbance that occurred during the procedure itself.
Unlike my knee surgeries, I didn't get a recording of this procedure, but I was on the table for 3 hours which was twice as long as the doctor had estimated. (TAH BSO, my complex hyperplasia with atyptia turned out to be cancerous but they got it all.)

Healing for me is going to be slower than I'd anticipated..
Unread 04-21-2008, 03:47 PM

I am glad you all said you are feeling good, because not only have I been feeling guilty, but been thinking, hey something is wrong how come I feel so good. Surgery was two weeks today. I do get sore, but no pain. Been off the pain meds since last Wed. Do have the darn yeast infection from so many antibiotics from the appendicidis. I go to the docs on Wed. so will see what he says. Still get a bit tired or sometimes by stomach muscles get tight, but besides that doing good. Glad to hear you are all too!
Unread 04-21-2008, 04:33 PM

Hey, FotoFreak
I think it is awesome and inspiring to know you are doing well!! There is life on the other side! It is motivating as we are all working our way there eventually. Don't feel bad, Lead the way!
Unread 04-21-2008, 06:34 PM

I agree that the procedure makes a huge difference in how people heal, as well as how your individual body recovers. The one thing I would say is that it maybe likely that you have a slightly higher pain tolerance and don't feel the pain your body may be in. Do take it easy and let your body recover fully before doing too much. You may still be healing internally even if you don't feel it!

Good luck,
Unread 04-21-2008, 06:54 PM

Sounds like I am in good company! My TVH was April 9th so I am close to 2 weeks and I have been feeling amazing. Definitely the hardest part has been feeling tired but for me the pain of surgery felt incredible compared to the pain before. Haven't had to take any pain meds since the morning I left the hospital and even then it was just a Motrin! I do worry about pushing it though since I do feel so good. How do you all gauge when to lay/sit down?
Unread 04-22-2008, 05:50 AM

I am 3 weeks post op today and feel GREAT. I am not really having pain at my incision sites anymore either, just if I over do it a bit.

I too feel like I could go back to work, but my doctor won't hear of it. I may start working from home later this week, if my office can set me up.

I agree that people that are having an easy recovery leave the site.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register